Skip to main content
Topic: gear/diff swap (Read 7310 times) previous topic - next topic

gear/diff swap

Reply #45
everything after the "..." is coming soon....

the car is running good as is SD...i'm going to do the heads, intake, TB, and MAF at the same time...because i know at that point my vacuum signal would be beyond screwed up which is why people say you cant run an aftermarket cam in a SD engine...
Currently Birdless but never Foxless

86 Mustang GT

gear/diff swap

Reply #46
With a B cam the vacuum signal is already shot in the @$$...it may SEEM to run good.  I can assure you though, if you had a wideband O2 on it, you'd see that it is not.

Good luck,
Don
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

gear/diff swap

Reply #47
i was once told that the B303 is better suited for a manual car.. true or were they blowing smoke up my :shakeass:?

gear/diff swap

Reply #48
i do have a 5 speed in my car....
Currently Birdless but never Foxless

86 Mustang GT

gear/diff swap

Reply #49
i'm just asking a general question, because it's something i've heard a few times from different people

gear/diff swap

Reply #50
The B-cam is better suited to a 5-speed...in a MAF car.  It's down on low speed torque when compared to the E-cam...a lot of people just look at advertised duration and lift, but if I remember correctly, they have different LSA's, which will make a huge difference.
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

gear/diff swap

Reply #51
that's what i thought, good to know it's solid info

gear/diff swap

Reply #52
I think that, according to all of Dougy's posts, his seat-of-the-pants dyno needs to be recalibrated...regularly.

Good luck!
-Don

gear/diff swap

Reply #53
Quote from: Sick88Tbird;337657
I think that, according to all of Dougy's posts, his seat-of-the-pants needs to be recalibrated by a steel-toed boot regularly.

Fixed, :evilgrin::rollin::D
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)