Skip to main content
Topic: Lowering.. (did search) (Read 4548 times) previous topic - next topic

Lowering.. (did search)

I did a search and found that SN-95 springs are a way to lower the sport birds.  Has anyone tried a set of Mach 1 or Bullit springs?  I have a set laying around and thought about putting them on..

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #1
I got Mach 1 springs all around in my 88 cougar.  I used CHE adjustable control arms in the rear to bring the height up, but the front is real low I can only fit one finger between the tire and fender.  I haven't driven it yet so I can't comment on the ride yet..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #2
I have a set of FMS 1.5 inch drop springs for a 88 mustang I installed in my 85 TC, the front fenders now cover the tire by about 3/8 inch  and that is running a 225/50/16 tire
1985 TC (yet another one) Fully loaded
has 225k mile  still with the factory head gasket

84  Turbo ranger  Daily driver  ($800.00 Ebay deal)
          volvo FMIC and more getto rigging than the law should allow

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #3
I have bullits on the rear, with che adjusted up. Didn't put the fronts on yet, still not sure I want to. I may go with what V8 Demon has on the fronts.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #4
I'm using the SN-95 springs.I like the overall look,and the car can still take a speed bump without having to slow to a crawl.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #5
Quote from: Bob;328344
I got Mach 1 springs all around in my 88 cougar.  I used CHE adjustable control arms in the rear to bring the height up, but the front is real low I can only fit one finger between the tire and fender.  I haven't driven it yet so I can't comment on the ride yet..

Have any pictures of car with them?? I went through your build post and didnt see any...

Quote from: vinnietbird;328370
I'm using the SN-95 springs.I like the overall look,and the car can still take a speed bump without having to slow to a crawl.

Seen you car when I did search, and thats looks good.  Thats what me got to thinking about the Mach 1 springs.. Since I already have them. If they drop it to far then will just wait to lower it.  Only reason I am considering the Mach 1's is because they are a FREEBIE.... And free is alway's in the budget..:D

Quote from: BogusSVO;328348
I have a set of FMS 1.5 inch drop springs for a 88 mustang I installed in my 85 TC, the front fenders now cover the tire by about 3/8 inch  and that is running a 225/50/16 tire

Thats little bit too low , for my comfort..

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #6
I'll have the car outside this weekend or maybe next weekend I take a side profile pic for you.  In the garage it's hard to take a pic of the side
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #7
Quote from: Bob;328386
I'll have the car outside this weekend or maybe next weekend I take a side profile pic for you.  In the garage it's hard to take a pic of the side

Cool,,, thanks man.

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #8
I have the same as Vinnie. Of course I have no motor in.

The drop in the rear was pretty noticeable after it was done
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #9
Quote from: daminc;328391
I have the same as Vinnie. Of course I have no motor in.

The drop in the rear was pretty noticeable after it was done

Stock SN-95 springs??  I like the way Vinnie's set, but I already have a set of mach 1's sitting around.. But if they slam it, then not going to put them on.

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #10
They will probably sit like Bob's about 1". They also have the poundage to handle good.You may want to change the struts to mustang type. I don't think it's required though.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #11
Mach 1 springs all around. CHE adjustable ht. rear control arms. Looks good, rides bit stiffer - wide wheels give a slight touch of the inner fender on big dips in road - nothing I can't live with.

11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #12
Quote from: Cougar5.0;328701
Mach 1 springs all around. CHE adjustable ht. rear control arms. Looks good, rides bit stiffer - wide wheels give a slight touch of the inner fender on big dips in road - nothing I can't live with.

It looks good! What che's did you go with? I see they have a couple different types. I have the FMS lowering springs on mine but the rear sagged so I tried the rears from an sn95 stang, they sagged even worse, then tried the rears from a fox stang, they brought it up a little but not enough. So I thought I'd put the rears from the FMS kit back on and get the upper adj. control arms I keep hearing about on here.

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #13
I forgot to add that I have CHE non adjustable in the rear. not sure if Vinnie did
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #14
Here you go,  I didnt get the cat outside so I took the best pic I can of the front.

Mach1 springs,strange 10 way struts, and MM caster camber plates is my setup for the front.  Rear is mach1 springs and CHE adjustable control arms.

The gap upfront is about 1 1/2 finger- almost 2 fingers wide.. keep in mind this is with a 351w based stroker so if your running a 302 block I think it will be a little higher.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]