Skip to main content
Topic: Lowering.. (did search) (Read 4549 times) previous topic - next topic

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #15
Is the adjustable rears a must when doing the Mach 1 springs??  Not looking to put that much into the car at the moment. But when my son gets tired of the car, I plan on keeping it for myself and build a hot rod out of it. Been building mustang for years and after I get my new convertible for wife & I to cruise in, want a car to play with.  Always like T-birds and now I have a decent one to start with, it maybe around for awhile. Hopefully it survives my son since he has just started driving..

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #16
I'm not sure how the rear is without the control arms, mine is high right now cause I'm not sure what size tire I'm gonna go with so I didn't bother adjusting it yet.. But the control arms were pretty reasonable and very good quality so you might want to get them anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #17
Which control arms did you go with? I've checked cheperformance.com and they have a few listed. I have the FMS lower springs for the T-Bird but the rear sags so I'm thinking about going with the che's.

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #18
mine rides better than I thought it would , due to how low and as much poly is in it...

But there is almost no body roll when you hang a corner hard.
Time to get at some cones!
1985 TC (yet another one) Fully loaded
has 225k mile  still with the factory head gasket

84  Turbo ranger  Daily driver  ($800.00 Ebay deal)
          volvo FMIC and more getto rigging than the law should allow

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #19
.... thats some rake!
Mike

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #20
yes it dose have some of that.....

the "fun " part from dropping it so low was getting all the negitive camber out (-4*)

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #21
thats a nice lookn cat u got there, some factory style foglights would really set it off in my opinion
Remember, if the women dont find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

Chris
 93 cat rebuilt 3.8

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #22
I have a question for all you people using the CHE adjustable control arms. How much adjustment did it take the get a level ride. Their site says it has 1-1/2 of adjustment .

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #23
I can't answer that, but I will say this: if you plan to do any sort of spirited driving, then CHE's are a must. After putting a set on mine, I'm very impressed. Really took a lot of rear end squirm out, and of course, when I get new shocks and finish the front, it should handle like it's on rails. I'm gonna use Mach 1 springs when I get the $ to get a set...they're pretty much the last thing I need for the suspension..

Look around, occasionally you can find someone selling their CHE's here..I did, got a great deal from a great guy..:bowdown:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #24
With bullits on the rear I have about 1/4" maybe a 1/2" left. The front's are mooge, I still need to replace them.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #25
Sn-95 springs = perfect drop in the rear IMO

One thing to take into consideration is the condition of the shocks and struts...

Its A good Idea to replace those at the same time, and worn shocks and struts will affect your ride height. When I swapped out the rears for some KYBs and the SN-95 springs the height was relatively unchanged because of the amount of sag from worn suspension components.

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #26
Frankencoug... that not quite right...

shocks and struts are not load bearing compents, so they should not attect ride height.

the coil springs carry the weight, the shocks/struts are there to dampen the coil spring cycling, so the car dosnt bounce going over bumps.

even new, you can compress shocks/struts with just  your human body weight of around 150-200 lbs, so they are no way strong enough to support a 3000 + cars weight with out them bottoming out

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #27
Just posting from my experience...

I installed the sn-95 springs on shocks that had a lot of wear and the car had a noticeable amount of sag.  When I replaced the shocks, the ride height had increased around an inch on both sides as well as having a firmer ride.  When a shock is blown or worn too much, it will not return to its original height when compressed.

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #28
Quote from: Frankencoug;331631
Just posting from my experience...

I installed the sn-95 springs on shocks that had a lot of wear and the car had a noticeable amount of sag.  When I replaced the shocks, the ride height had increased around an inch on both sides as well as having a firmer ride.  When a shock is blown or worn too much, it will not return to its original height when compressed.

if i understand what you said correctly, it increased your ride height because it helped "ease" the load on your worn shocks a little. The worn ones compress much easier than the new ones, which is why it helped your ride height, and firmed it up, it didnt allow the springs to compress as quickly and rebound easier.
Remember, if the women dont find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

Chris
 93 cat rebuilt 3.8

Lowering.. (did search)

Reply #29
Exactly