Skip to main content
Topic: Turbo Coupe exhaust (Read 9579 times) previous topic - next topic

Turbo Coupe exhaust

Reply #15
both of your cars sound good. oh alright i see why you got the 2.5". well very nice! ive never heard of anybody running sprint car lers before but they sound nice. im getting my 3" turbo back side exhaust with a 3" high flow cat, 3" dynomax race bullet ler in 2 weeks. i'll post a video after i get it done.
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Turbo Coupe exhaust

Reply #16
Quote from: quicksilver;321655
both of your cars sound good. oh alright i see why you got the 2.5". well very nice! ive never heard of anybody running sprint car lers before but they sound nice. im getting my 3" turbo back side exhaust with a 3" high flow cat, 3" dynomax race bullet ler in 2 weeks. i'll post a video after i get it done.

My bro had full three inch from the turbo back with a bullet ler (don't remember the brand) and it had a lot of bark, it was actually louder when he drove it normal haha, sounded good though. That was also with no cat, and I didn't mention that mine also is without the cat now.

Turbo Coupe exhaust

Reply #17
2.5 inch is probably plenty if you aren't planning any serious mods. Most just do 3 inch because its basically future proofing the exhaust, no matter what you do its pretty much maxed out.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Turbo Coupe exhaust

Reply #18
Quote from: bhazard;321665
2.5 inch is probably plenty if you aren't planning any serious mods. Most just do 3 inch because its basically future proofing the exhaust, no matter what you do its pretty much maxed out.

Yeah i'm not doing any serious mods it's just a daily driver, and I don't want the  thing to end up being faster than my mustang :giggle:

Turbo Coupe exhaust

Reply #19
lol with just alittle modding, it will keep up pretty nicely to stangs : )
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

Turbo Coupe exhaust

Reply #20
Well my mustang only has a few bolt ons so it only runs 13.40's but it's eventully getting a kenne belle.

Turbo Coupe exhaust

Reply #21
Well my mustang only has a few bolt ons so it only runs 13.40's but it's eventully getting a kenne belle.

Turbo Coupe exhaust

Reply #22
Thats what you say now... wait til your TC starts running 14's... then youll wanna go low 14's... then high 13's... then...
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Turbo Coupe exhaust

Reply #23
Haha true, but I don't wanna start breaking stuff so I'm not gonna get to carried away with it.

Turbo Coupe exhaust

Reply #24
yeah, mustangs are fun. my father used to have a modded one and man it was fun, but turbo coupes are pretty easy to spend money on i found out. they like money....
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

Turbo Coupe exhaust

Reply #25
Quote from: SR71blackbird;321722
yeah, mustangs are fun. my father used to have a modded one and man it was fun, but turbo coupes are pretty easy to spend money on i found out. they like money....

All cars are money pits haha, but after having my fox that ran low 12's I know i'd have to spend a shiznitload of money to get the TC there so i'll do it to the mustang instead. I love my turbo coupe but my mustang is my baby

Turbo Coupe exhaust

Reply #26
Quote from: Silver88tc;321729
All cars are money pits haha, but after having my fox that ran low 12's I know i'd have to spend a shiznitload of money to get the TC there so i'll do it to the mustang instead. I love my turbo coupe but my mustang is my baby

yeah, i know what you mean lol. there is nothing else like hearing those 4.6L rev up. plus feeling the torque right when you step on it is always nice too, especailly in the first 2 gears

Turbo Coupe exhaust

Reply #27
Quote from: SR71blackbird;321732
yeah, i know what you mean lol. there is nothing else like hearing those 4.6L rev up. plus feeling the torque right when you step on it is always nice too, especailly in the first 2 gears

It is fun, especially with 4.10 gears and a five speed. I just wish it had the turbo whistle coming outta the exhaust like the TC haha.

Turbo Coupe exhaust

Reply #28
hahaha well you could have that nice turbo whistle coming out the stang:mullet: that would be one hell of a stang man

Turbo Coupe exhaust

Reply #29
Quote from: SR71blackbird;321811
hahaha well you could have that nice turbo whistle coming out the stang:mullet: that would be one hell of a stang man

It would be nice, but's so much easier to just slap a blower on it :D