Skip to main content
Topic: What Kind of Rubber you got on? (Read 4906 times) previous topic - next topic

What Kind of Rubber you got on?

Just got some new rubber on the 10 holes recently. I picked up some Pirelli P600's in 235/60WR15. I must say they are a lot better than the Yokohama's I had (Can't wait to see if there is any 60' improvement!). They are listed here:http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp?width=235%2F&ratio=60&diameter=15&startIndex=0&search=true&pagelen=20&pagenum=1&pagemark=1&manufacturer=Pirelli&speed_rating=WR&RunFlat=All&x=81&y=7 Overall I'm pretty happy with them. Best tire I've had so far....even good in the rain (The Yoko's were a NIGHTMARE on wet pavement)

I was just curious as to what others have used and what their results were (good or bad)
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Re: What Kinda of Rubber you got on?

Reply #1
i'v been useing pirelli's on everything iv owned so far and i love em. they always give the best ride and traction. i was even thinking of getting the pirelli DR's but i think ill go with the bfg's sence everyone likes em so much

Reply #2
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's- So far..So good..

Reply #3
Falken Ziex 512 245/45/17.  So far I am very impressed with them.  I probably haven't put 1,000 miles on them since I got them last fall but so far traction is very good.  No wet driving yet either but they appear to have a good tread pattern for rainy driving.  I have a lot of trouble getting them to spin with my tired old 5.0.
Also ride quality is pretty good considering my rim size and the type of springs I am using.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #4
BFG Comp T/A 245/45HR17's. Seem to be pretty compliant for highway driving. I haven't given them a full workout in the rain. In the few instances *coughcoughCarlislecoughcough* where I'm stuck driving on wet roads, they seem to be alright. Originally I wanted a much stickier Z-rated tire but I could not pass up the deal on these H-rated ones. Although the compound is harder, it's much better for my situation where I only drive the car maybe 3K miles a year, store it in the winter, and don't normally take it to the track or autocrossing. I've had 14", 15", 16" and 17" rims on this car, and so far the smoothest ride has been with the 16" BFG Comp T/A's. The 17's ride a little harsher but then again, this car isn't exactly the smoothest riding Cat around. Still handles and corners great though.

Reply #5
Quote from: gunkel04
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's- So far..So good..

Ditto!
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Reply #6
Does this count? :evilgrin:

(as for the car, it's just a mix of py tires.. think the rear ones on the '86 are beginning to crack significantly on the sidewalls)

Reply #7
i don't wear rubbers!!! oh i'm sorry did you mean tires... :D

L cheapo's "pep boys" 225/60/15's up front and in the back 295/50/15's
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #8
Cooper 235/60HR15's on 10-holes. The front ones are worn already, after less than 10,000 miles (looks like I need an alignment)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #9
Cooper Cobra GTs 215/70R14  Didn't wear quite as well as I hoped, good in the dry, pretty decent in the wet, but horrible in the snow.  The original Cooper Lifeline whitewalls that were mostly bald when I got the car did better in the snow than the Cobras when they were brand new.
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Reply #10
Bald Hancook snow tires on the rear (still have 2 or 3 studs left in them) and dried up hancooks on the front, doesnt like to corner too quick, prefers to slide straight foreward. The tires were put on oct/94 I think its time for a new set of walmarts finest  :D
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #11
spoogeho Ecsta 712  245/50zr16, I have had them on since Febuary of this year and so far like them.

Reply #12
i heard those things suck horribly in the rain and snow
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #13
ive got a pile of new tires i need to waste before i go to 17"
toyos something or rathers on the tc rims right now
RSAs 16" in storage (nice tire actually)
comp ta on 15" rims in storage
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #14
and i got
-Dunlop SPsport 5000's on my 3.8 car

-Parelli P6's and 600's i think on the TC
It's Gumby's fault.