Skip to main content
Topic: What Kind of Rubber you got on? (Read 4905 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What Kinda of Rubber you got on?

Reply #15
Bridgestone FUZION HRi's 235-45-17 all around. havnt drove it really yet...my friends goit the ZRi's on his 02 cougar and he said its a sweet ride. he said he had it at 125mph and it was smooth...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/665379

1983 TurboCoupe-T3 .60/.63, 3" exhaust, Motorsport front mount, PJ, large VAM, green tops, 8.8" w/ 3.55's, 13.72@97mph
1985.5 SVO
1984 Fullsize Bronco- 300, NP435

Reply #16
Yokohama Avid V4S in 225/50/16. I like them a lot. I have put probably 15-20 thousand miles on them an the tread still looks almost new.

Reply #17
BFG G-Force T/A KDWS
245/50ZR16

Reply #18
BFG Comp T/A 225/60-15 (Discontinued... "Traction T/A" is the new version)
5 years, 92,000km (57,000mi)
Still grip nice in the dry, kinda slippery in the wet.
I don't think they're round any more.
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #19
Bridgestone FUZION

how are those. i was eyeballing them at the tire shop. i can get them for cost and they are cheep to begin with....
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #20
I have cheap tires 205 on the front and 275/60/15 on the rear.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
87 T-Bird turbo'd and supercharged and if things call for it juiced. :evilgrin:
88 Turbocoupe t3, 4.10's, Daily driver

Reply #21
Quote from: 50tbrd88
Falken Ziex 512 245/45/17.

I liked my ziex's but in large puddles they tend to hydroplane or really pull on the steering wheel and tend to scare the shyt out of you if not paying attention.

Now my Falken Grb FK-451's (pictured) I am absolutely in love with these tires! IMO they are the best looking tire on the market, great ride, great traction, and barrel through any size puddles like they arent even there by throwing the water out to the sides keeping it a really quiet ride even in the rain.

Unfortunately, those were on my 17's and my dumbass went with Toyo Proxes when I got the 18's and for what I paid for these f*ing tires I hate them!!! Dont get me wrong, they ride like the Falkens and have good traction and in the rain go through the puddles really well with almost no feel on the steering wheel. BUT, they throw the water straight up against the inside of the wheel wells making it really loud inside the car, trust me. when your going through a puddle in these MF's you hear them, every one, even over the radio. And for $230 a  tire I highly reccommend staying away from the Toyo Proxes...

Reply #22
Some tire store knock offs made by Kelly Tire.  Sporty look, good ride, great traction. (and I can't seem to wear them out half as fast as my BFG's)
front- 225/55 16
rear - 245/50 16

Reply #24
For the street I use the Pep Boys "Futura Ultra-Z" (225-60-15) tires - not bad for a budget tire:

At the track I use these MT ET street radials (275-60-15):

...they stick enough to twist my chassis at the track  :D
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #25
BF Goodrich G-Force T/A

for the back 275/40-17s and the front 255/40-17... i think

Reply #26
Wow, this threads goin good!    Lowcat,  The Yokohamas I used to have were the AVS Intermediate (Discontinued) in 235/60-15.  I could roast em all day long when they were new and they handled great on dry pavement.  The treadlife was , 15 K even with rotations every 3K and they were downright dangerous in the rain when new.  I guess that's why they're discontinued :giggle:
Glad to see your particular ones are doing well for you.  As for me I'm diggin the Pirellis on both my toys....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #27
225/60/15 BFG  G-Force TAs...they are the stickest summer tire Tire rack has for a stock wheel'd XR7. :(

Compared to my old Firestone SZ50s they absolutely suck. Noisy, much less grip in the wet, overall they are .  My nearly bald SZ50s were quieter and stuck just as well, maybe better.

Really wish Firestone would reconsider and give us the SZ-50 for 15" wheels. :(
pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more                             
85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way

Reply #28
Yeah,  it seems harder and harder to grab a good 15 inch tire these days.......
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #29
Honestly I am thinkin about complaining to Tirerack about these tires...only been a few thousand miles and they are getting worse in the noise department.

Never had good luck with BFGs, donno why...
pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more                             
85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way