Skip to main content
Topic: "Stupid" stuff you admit to considering for your Bird/Cat/Mark/etc. (LONG post) (Read 14819 times) previous topic - next topic

"Stupid" stuff you admit to considering for your Bird/Cat/Mark/etc. (LONG post)

Reply #75
Stupid, maybe not so stupid...

I thought it would be cool to have a mount for a small GPS unit where the digital clock in between the air vents is, complete with charger so you could remove the unit if you wanted.
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Reply #76
Planned on the same thing, I thought it would be cool. I want to make a bracket that attavhes to the stock clock bracket, then gets a gps mount attached to it, that would be flush with the face of the dash, then the gps would attach to that, and appear to be part of the dash.

The only problem was that it would have to have an auto on/off feature tied into the cars accessory switch, and some units don't have that ability.

I used to have a little 3.5" unit that would have been perfect....
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #77
alright here it goes.....

1. Exterior= wide body kit,chop the top about 6 inches,3 inch suspension drop,projector style HID's,led's for the rear,mini tubs,9" and 4 link,17's up front and 18's in the rear.
and for paint, sinister black on black. no chrome please

2. Drivetrain= twin turbo small block on dual staged nitrous,6 speed manual.and AWD.

3. Interior= gut the rear seat and build a mini wall with 4 alpine 12" type R,4 1k watt amps,custom door panels to fit a 8" mid bass a 51/4 mid range and a 1 tweet along with the x-over. touch screen deck with full display of engine management. Recarro race buckets,5 point harness,full leather all in black with red stitching.

and there it is, some day some how I might get the interior part
'85 tbird base 3.8 auto full power on the interior.
to do list- motor rebuild, swap in disc's for the rear and???????????:birdsmily:

Reply #78
I always wanted to raise the hood and see a nice eng compartment filled with a black wrinkled Cobra dressed, and hitt'n hard small block with a low rise dual 4's....

Reply #79
Quote from: sarjxxx;335702
Planned on the same thing, I thought it would be cool. I want to make a bracket that attavhes to the stock clock bracket, then gets a gps mount attached to it, that would be flush with the face of the dash, then the gps would attach to that, and appear to be part of the dash.

The only problem was that it would have to have an auto on/off feature tied into the cars accessory switch, and some units don't have that ability.

I used to have a little 3.5" unit that would have been perfect....

I think I'm gonna experiment with this. I've got an extra...Idk what to call it. It's got the vents and the cutouts for the clock and speedometer, like we were talking about.

I'll do some measurements and we'll see what happens. But first, gotta locate my GPS....(irony).
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #80
Quote from: RunninWild;335821
I've got an extra...Idk what to call it.

"dash trim panel";)

'least that's what I call it...
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #81
Quote from: sarjxxx;335830
"dash trim panel";)

'least that's what I call it...

Works for me! :mullet:
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #82
I don't think it's a stupid idea,but,I want the third brake light in the trunk lid above the lock.I'm working on that idea right now.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #83
Hey while your at it I've got a nice big curved piece of chrome you can stick there...
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #84
I don't know anyone big enough to make that happen.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #85
Quote from: vinnietbird;336074
I don't think it's a stupid idea,but,I want the third brake light in the trunk lid above the lock.I'm working on that idea right now.

maybe a light from a spoiler? thats a cool idea though.
Remember, if the women dont find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

Chris
 93 cat rebuilt 3.8

Reply #86
I think I found the one I need.I'm just doing some thinking about it.

Reply #87
ive recently thought about doing a shaker hood...in fact im still thinking of it...
1974 Cougar XR7, 351 C, stock. white leather.
1983 Coug' LS-XR7-1/ A/c Delete, Edlebrock Intake, Holley 600 4bbl, Custom Badging, True dual Glasspacks
1989 Pontiac Bonneville SSE, 3.8L bone stock winter beater, in Gold

Reply #88
Quote from: vinnietbird;336074

Hey vinnie our cars were made right from the factory. They really don't need anything extra back there cluttering up all the space. Its just overkill. In fact, I think you should just take everything off. Yeah thats it go with the smooth look.:flame:

Ok. Smart-assing aside, thats a pretty cool idea. I'd like to see it.
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #89
i had another brain fart...t-roofing the cat...
1974 Cougar XR7, 351 C, stock. white leather.
1983 Coug' LS-XR7-1/ A/c Delete, Edlebrock Intake, Holley 600 4bbl, Custom Badging, True dual Glasspacks
1989 Pontiac Bonneville SSE, 3.8L bone stock winter beater, in Gold