Skip to main content
Topic: "Stupid" stuff you admit to considering for your Bird/Cat/Mark/etc. (LONG post) (Read 14818 times) previous topic - next topic

"Stupid" stuff you admit to considering for your Bird/Cat/Mark/etc. (LONG post)

Reply #60
My silly ideas:

Volvo 2.9 Turbocharged I6

or

Ausie 4.0 Turbocharged I6

Plus a T-56 6speed

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #61
I am acspoogeulating parts for a car I do not own and do not know when I am buying as of yet. I am thinking of stuff to do to the future white 88 XR7 like black or 20th anniversary wheels, black grille, black and or gold striping, rear wing dark tint, HO upper intake, and maybe a T5 conversion.
2003 Marauder 300B
1996-97 Cobra wheel straight but weathered (For Sale)
84 TC manual shifter handle no  (For Sale)

BTW, I had a 1988 T-Bird Sport way back when. I found out that it was totalled shortly after trading it in. It still has the ignition switch recall to date.

Special thanx to EricCoolCats for showing me to this site.:bowdown:

Reply #62
I think that prism-patterned tape you can put on the window trim would look very sparkly on my car, once I get it painted. I also think a nice graphic for the back window and a graphic kit on the sides would give it that white trash look I'm going for. I may not be able to resist rhinestones around the door handles.
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
'86 cougar xr-7 2.3 L turbo

Reply #63
Roll down rear windows. (like a Galaxie) I had a dream about it once.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #64
Hmmm. Mine roll down. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #65
do you even have a whole window back there? :rollin:
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #66
A mark VII flip up trunk lock cover with a modified logo
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #67
Quote from: sarjxxx;335062
do you even have a whole window back there? :rollin:

Pretty much
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #68
ehhh...yours aren't bolted into the body:D
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #69
well, if you bolt them. You can't lower them. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #70
Stupidest thing I ever considered was buying a moonroof equipped Sport. Gave me a big hard on when I first found it...now I absolutely detest it, pretty much the whole f*ckin' car  me off.

#2 would be tearing it all apart, throwing a HO, T5, and TC 8.8 into the rather gutted shell, driving it just enough to crave even more power, and then not having ANY motivation, time or money to finish it.

Yup, gotta love a 20+ year old car that nobody other than ourselves like, that has little to zero aftermarket support, and is pretty  lame compared to today's automotive art.

Where can I find another Fox??? ;):rollin:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #71
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;335084
Stupidest thing I ever considered was buying a moonroof equipped Sport. Gave me a big hard on when I first found it...now I absolutely detest it, pretty much the whole f*ckin' car  me off.

#2 would be tearing it all apart, throwing a HO, T5, and TC 8.8 into the rather gutted shell, driving it just enough to crave even more power, and then not having ANY motivation, time or money to finish it.

Yup, gotta love a 20+ year old car that nobody other than ourselves like, that has little to zero aftermarket support, and is pretty  lame compared to today's automotive art.

something tells me that if you look around here in the spring you might find one ;)

Reply #72
Quote from: MexCougar;25953
The T5 swap....without changing the rear gears (2.73). I dont know but im 51% sure that the car can pull his heavy ass at 1500 rpms at higway speeds (60mph)......i never seen a Fox body car with a T5 and the 3.8....

Thats whats currently in my cat, only with a 5.0 H0.  Its a dog at low speed but can still bark the tires.  Cruising on the freeway is a breeze.  I have a 8" w/ 3.73s in the garage that I never finished building.
My car is a gravity hybrid.  The gasoline engine gets me up the hills, and gravity gets me down.

Reply #73
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;335084

Dude, I might have to sig quote that:rollin:
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #74
my stupidest thing i ever did or thought of?  how bout everything I ever did to my '85.  man looking a pics of that car now....  I hate it.