Skip to main content
Topic: *update* - center console panel question - *update* (Read 22754 times) previous topic - next topic

*update* - center console panel question - *update*

Reply #135
X4 lol
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #136
Hi,

Responded to PMs. 

Sorry for the delays, we've been working on details of the overlay.  The translation from the original CAD files were close but not perfect.  The fonts weren't quite right, so we scanned the original parts and are using that for lettering and graphics. 

They're doing a second set of overlays for the factory piece.  If you don't care about backlighting and the metal panel is straight but worn, you might be interested in getting one of these.

edit

If you want an overlay, I need to know how you want the window controls to read, up/dn or dn/up
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #137
Mine would be like the left.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #138
Dang this is cool cant wait to see the finished product!
Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5:p
85 GT 1C vert = resto project grey int. no power options but A/C. http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=92213&highlight=convertible+build+thread
85 GT 2R hatch = ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
85 GT 2A hatch =  tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, BBK headers, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
90 LX EL hatch = grey int. stock 5.0 auto
85 GT 1C hatch = parts car :(

Reply #139
mine would be the up on the top for both, because I'm changing the switches in the vert before I loose what's left of my mind trying to open the windows in there. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #140
Quote from: daminc;339470
mine would be the up on the top for both, because I'm changing the switches in the vert before I loose what's left of my mind trying to open the windows in there. lol

Are you talking about the left one? I think that's how mine is, seems backwards,I always go the wrong way the first time.
Not enough seat time maybe.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #141
this is the way it is on the vert.... seems really wrong seeing that the top goes in the opposite direction.

I always thought in my crazy brain... that if you pull on something, it should go down. not up. unless your in a plane, then if you pull back on the stick it goes up. lol

My 87 is like the drawing on the left. The switches in my lincoln are also the same way. Makes the vert a little confusing being opposite.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #142
You hit it right on "pull back up" Like your pick. To me that is the right way. Like you said in a plane!!. Oh yeh I never mess with the seat, that has it's own issues.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #143
Update -

:punchballs:

It's taking longer than expected.  I called today to get an update.  They don't have the files or any of the work the guy had done.  They purge monthly and all that work he'd done .. yes, got purged.  When I go back with the original files, I'll learn *exactly* why this happened, then explain to them why it won't happen again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #144
The overlays are finally finished.  Paid orders were posted today and you should have a confirmation PM.  If you'd like one, please PM and confirm which options you want.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #145
For those of you that don't want backlighting, you can also get an overlay for the factory metal panel.  The overlay is the same minus the control cutouts (see bottom right).  That allows you to address the contoured area around the mirror control. 

The overlays are available with white or clear lettering, each has advantages when backlighting. 

$50 Console panel
$55 Console panel w/ overlay
$10 Overlay
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #146
Probly a lil late in the game, but did you happen to have any overlays printed with only mirrors and windows?
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #147
I got every combination made I could think of.  Yours is an 87/88, right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #148
yessir! PM comin your way.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #149
Here's mine installed.  Hard to get a good pic of it, but there's enough to get the idea.  Only things left are lighting for the panel and paint for the rest.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]