Skip to main content
Topic: How to Fail at Being a Theif (Read 2245 times) previous topic - next topic

How to Fail at Being a Theif

- Step One

• Crack my door handle.
  • Pop off the keyhole surround.

-Step Two

• Return 7 hrs later in the same vehicle.
  • Dive through my window

-Step Three

• Stab Dash with screwdriver repeatedly.
  • Bust my shiznit up.
  • Yank out free resting headunit with extreme force.
  • Leave finger prints.
  • Leave all supporting equipment.

-Step Four

• Run like hell as crazy white boy chases your vehicle off of lot.
  • Make a wrong turn in your getaway and bust a UTurn back toward the crime scene.

Crime Scene

What did they get?

The oldest Kenwood single-din flip out known to man. Left all the plugs and wires untouched, and the brain of it all is still in my trunk. All moust have items to make that POS work. So they left with nothing.

What did I get?

The excuse to drive home windows down, sunroof open in the middle of winter. A place to keep my car inside overnight and another SHO to drive until I fix it. All my parts. A vacuuming of my carpet and clean up. Reason to buy a new setup.

I cant figure out what is funnier to me. The fact they stole a worthless old headunit or that he dove through the window.

All this happened while I was at work, working for the money I pay for all of my own shiznit with. The principle of that  me off and that I have to do work to fix someone else's mess. Other than that Im not mad at all. Im lucky enough to have the right friend in the right places. Thanks to the STLSHO guys I will be driving my car, minus the ability to control my stereo, come tomorrow afternoon.

More random shots after I got to Daves.

1986 Cougar LS

Reply #1
Just an FYI its fairly certain that you knew who whomever did it and that they had been in or near the car before. Regardless, that certainly sucks. Hope you catch the dirtbag.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #2
Quote from: shame302;312129
Just an FYI its fairly certain that you knew who whomever did it and that they had been in or near the car before. Regardless, that certainly sucks. Hope you catch the dirtbag.

Funny thing is I made my Facebook status something about stupid (choice word insert) couldnt break into my car so why did they even try.Then they come back? Yeah I bet it was someone I knew. Oh well, shiznit happens.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #3
Well, nice one there man.  So you gonna figure on looking at possible camera angles that might have been working?

the finger prints ,, were any taken or did that interest the police any?

I hope they get caught up in an arrest.  In the meantime, you should be dospoogeenting your expenses on the repairs including the professional repair peoples time on a bill of sale for labor.

when they are caught, restitutions may be served.

this reallys sux though, next time have a tiny little plan like whats in my 20th.  A motion sensor to activate your two tiny camera lenses for rear front.  simply put, they get recorded while your away.

Reply #4
I have the dash trim, if you need it.:D Sorry to hear about your car, hope they get what's coming.:flame:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #5
, that sucks, although it seems like repairs will be done quickly.

Hope the sspooge that did it gets caught and fast.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #6
Quote from: jcassity;312133
Well, nice one there man.  So you gonna figure on looking at possible camera angles that might have been working?

the finger prints ,, were any taken or did that interest the police any?

I hope they get caught up in an arrest.  In the meantime, you should be dospoogeenting your expenses on the repairs including the professional repair peoples time on a bill of sale for labor.

when they are caught, restitutions may be served.

this reallys sux though, next time have a tiny little plan like whats in my 20th.  A motion sensor to activate your two tiny camera lenses for rear front.  simply put, they get recorded while your away.

Finger prints and pictures, so they have full dospoogeentation of it all. I will keep the bill after I get my window tinted other than that Ill have one of the guys write me up something for the parts.

Im more pissed off this morning, but what are you going to do? Headed off to work to look at the cameras and shop for a new stereo.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #7
yeah, cameras are more reasonable in price now even with nvg.  most are dc input so its all pretty easy.  dirty windows are the enemy though.  my mistake though , forgot to consider it.

Reply #8
Quote from: jcassity;312175
yeah, cameras are more reasonable in price now even with nvg.  most are dc input so its all pretty easy.  dirty windows are the enemy though.  my mistake though , forgot to consider it.

I would be interested in info about hooking up cameras on the car.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #9
that sucks sorry to hear they messed up ur car. at least the cops did fingerprinting the locals here say they wont even do it at all. cost to much and aint worth there time go fig.

Reply #10
Quote from: cougarman;312137
I have the dash trim, if you need it.:D Sorry to hear about your car, hope they get what's coming.:flame:

I do! I have one in there now that doesnt fit right and had a horrible hole drilled in it for an alarm LED.

I fixed today. Need a new dash (:rollin: good luck finding one), new stereo set up, glass re-tinted, and a new door handle.

I have lost so much money in the last 24hrs i cant even think about it.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #11
Quote from: DVP;312178
I would be interested in info about hooking up cameras on the car.

Last time I looked into it, there was a small one we could get to go where the dome light is, it was like $300 and the quality was iffy. So I just said screw it. lol

Reply #12
There's all kinds of cameras you can put in a car. Security systems is a side business of mine. There ar 12v DVRs, and most all cameras run on 12v, so there are plenty of combos to choose from.

You could also use a 12v wireless camera and have it shoot to a receiver in your house (of course this would only work while you are at home). That's one way to save on having a DVR draining your battery.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #13
Quote from: DVP;312259
I do! I have one in there now that doesnt fit right and had a horrible hole drilled in it for an alarm LED.

I fixed today. Need a new dash (:rollin: good luck finding one), new stereo set up, glass re-tinted, and a new door handle.

I have lost so much money in the last 24hrs i cant even think about it.

I'll get it in the mail asap.:D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #14
Quote from: CoogarXR;312281
There's all kinds of cameras you can put in a car. Security systems is a side business of mine. There ar 12v DVRs, and most all cameras run on 12v, so there are plenty of combos to choose from.

You could also use a 12v wireless camera and have it shoot to a receiver in your house (of course this would only work while you are at home). That's one way to save on having a DVR draining your battery.

Ill run another battery :D.

I would like to mount either a wide angle around the windshield or 3 lenses, one on the dash, one on each door or pillars.

The thing that is g me off the most is the dash....

Quote from: cougarman;312283
I'll get it in the mail asap.:D

Thank you SO MUCH! Youll have something coming your way in return.
1986 Cougar LS