Skip to main content
Topic: I couldn't help it....... (Read 2896 times) previous topic - next topic

I couldn't help it.......

Reply #30
Sounds like too much effort.I don't mind a couple of wires,but I don't like cutting and swapping a LOT of wires.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #31
I'm with you Vinnie, I much prefer digital gauges.  I swapped in an buttstuffog cluster when I did the turbo 2.3 swap on my 86 but only because I just used the entire XR7 harness.  I am considering getting a full digital cluster and some digital a pillar gauges for it though...
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Reply #32
I've always wanted full digi gauges.I may start collecting parts to do that after the other big projects are completed.No hurry.I have a LOT of studying to do first,and a parts list to make for that job.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #33
This is my first car with digital gauges, by the way y'all are talkin it sounds like they may grow on me :D
 I definitely think it would be more work than I am interested in
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #34
I may attempt the swap eventually.Just not now.I'd do the 199mph upgrade to the speedo  and leave the rest as they should be.Oh well,bigger things happening right now.

Reply #35
One night I drove past a car with a digital speedo, maybe it was a caddy.  Anyway, I could see what the speedo said from my seat.  Been paranoid about that possibility since then. 

Not that I would ever think of violating a speed limit.  No, that would be bad.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #36
I'll have the windows tinted by then,and,I had always turned the lighting down (dim the dash) when I had the digi speedo in the other car.

Reply #37
Quote from: t3skidoo;310513
One night I drove past a car with a digital speedo, maybe it was a caddy.  Anyway, I could see what the speedo said from my seat.  Been paranoid about that possibility since then. 

Just keep accelerating, so they never get side by side.:burnout:
Mike