Skip to main content
Topic: I couldn't help it....... (Read 2897 times) previous topic - next topic

I couldn't help it.......

I bought a Turbo Coupe gauge cluster with an aftermarket BBK 190mph speedo (made for the buttstuffog gauge cluster).How sweet is that.If everything works out,I'll install it in the Sport and sell my 140mph Ford Racing speedo.More news as it happens.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
Surely you arent exceeding 140, are you?

And dont call me Shirley.
Mike

Reply #2
Shirley, surely you're going to post some pics?
Must...have...pics...:hick:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #3
Quote from: mcb82gt;310246
Surely you arent exceeding 140, are you?

And dont call me Shirley.

How about that coffee Johnny.
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Reply #4
I'll post pics as soon as it arrives.

No,I haven't had the Sport past 120 mph.The 190mph speedo was just way too cool,and I'd bet it's more rare than the FMS 140 mph speedo,which,is going to be for sale after the other is installed.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
I'd like to see this also.

Reply #6

Reply #7
That's a whole bunch of numbers.

Reply #8
lol thats sweet
...and there was light!

Reply #9
That's what I thought as well.I don't know for sure why I got it.My 140 speedo is just fine.I think it's because I haven't seen one,and I like the Sport to be unique from other Birds out there.

Reply #10
wow, that Is a lot of numbers. Does jump 20 at a time? lo
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #11
It jumps 10 at a time.I'm debating on which one I'm going to sell.One of the speedos will HAVE to go.I have to have the funds for the Sport this month.The next few months are going to be tight for sure.I have to get the engine in after I get a Mass Air meter,have the seats re-upholstered,maybe new carpet,re-detail the trunk,install sound deadener.Not as much work as some of you guys,but a lot none the less.

Reply #12
the spedo in my ranger jumps by 10s. I don't like it at all. never know what speed I'm actually doing in that small space between 60 and 70. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #13
Nice. I might be interested in buying, but I think next time I am going to make a custom cluster with Autometer gauges. I'll be looking for it in the for sale section!

Reply #14
One of them will be there hopefully this week.I really want to get the Sport in the overall condition I've been waiting for.That means money.