Skip to main content
Topic: I couldn't help it....... (Read 2895 times) previous topic - next topic

I couldn't help it.......

Reply #15
I agree, that is just a little too cool to pass up.

Brent
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #16
I agree.I'e never seen one before.....ever.I wish I knew when,and how long they were produced.I'll bet there are less of the BBK's in existance than the FMS speedo.I love those kind of parts !!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #17
its unique cool, but looks too cluttered IMO.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #18
Well,in that case,I won't use it.I'll just sell it.Now,are you happy !!!!

Do you think I can get $350.00 for it?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #19
So why 190? did 200 sound to far fetched? :hick:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #20
200 ?  That would be ridiculous.....190 is much more believable.LOL.

Reply #21
My digi goes to 199, lol
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #22
Quote from: vinnietbird;310367
I wish I knew when,and how long they were produced.I'll bet there are less of the BBK's in existance than the FMS speedo.

Are you sure it isnt Brother's performance rather than BBK ??? Back in the day, they offered this type of service. Basically took 85 mph (90 mph) speedometers, doubled the internals, added a new face and ended up at 180 mph. Not sure they did it for t-birds, but they did Mustangs for sure.

Reply #23
At the bottom of the speedo,centered under the numbers,it has "BBK" printed on it.How they built them,I don't know.Maybe the same way.I'll know when it gets here,and I'll post pics and details.

As far as digi,I'd rather have full digi gauges than buttstuffog,but I don't want to spend a week trying to figure out the wiring and swapping the sending units or whatever is required to do it.I miss my digi speedo in the blue car.I just don't miss the blue car.It would also read to 199mph.I sold the cluster to a member a long time ago.

Reply #24
I'll buy your 140
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'88 cougar 331 supercharged build in progress
'95 Blazer solid axle swapped 4X4- daily driver

Reply #25
Quote from: supercharged88;310437
I'll buy your 140

I'm unsure of which one I'm selling right now.I need to see the new one.Either way,the price will be the same,but I'm not saying a price in this thread.I'll reserve that until I make the final decision.

Reply #26
Hey vinnie! I'm here for you , you want to wire the digi up? all you got to do is say ok.Lol, Trust me!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #27
How long does it take the average guy to do?I'd love it.I don't like buttstuffog gauges.

Reply #28
Quote from: vinnietbird;310457
How long does it take the average guy to do?I'd love it.I don't like buttstuffog gauges.

I'd like to go the other way, full digi TO buttstuffog :hick:
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #29
Not sure never did it. I was messin with you. I do know it can be done, I just don't have the time now to figure it out. They do show the way to change digi to buttstuffog I would think it could be reversed?. Maybe someone else can elaborate.