Skip to main content
Topic: junkyard run Friday, 2-5-10. Stuff bought, and pics. (Read 3109 times) previous topic - next topic

junkyard run Friday, 2-5-10. Stuff bought, and pics.

I'm going to a big self-serve salvage yard in Kansas City MO.
Hopefully, I'll have a little time to wander around and see if I can find any hard to find Fox Cat/Bird stuff...I'm looking for a tripminder for myself, as well as 3.55 or 3.73 gears, and a headliner for a moonroof Bird, and a decent pair of matching door pulls for my TC panels.

If anyone wants me to try to find something, I'll be happy to make a list. I'm NOT doing this for profit so don't think that's my motive lol.
If I get something for someone, all I want paid for is what it cost me, and the shipping to get said part from me to whoever asked for it. I'll take the camera too, in case I find some oddity or rarity.

I'm taking a full size truck, so I should have a good amount of room to bring stuff back.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #1
I have a nice raven headliner for a moonroof car, shipping would be murder though,:punchballs:
John

Reply #2
Shoot me an email if they have any 87-88 xr7 cats
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'88 cougar 331 supercharged build in progress
'95 Blazer solid axle swapped 4X4- daily driver

Reply #3
Nieasquidward@yahoo.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'88 cougar 331 supercharged build in progress
'95 Blazer solid axle swapped 4X4- daily driver

Reply #4
94-95 Mustang Spindles :hick:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #5
Check out my want ad if they have any Box Fox stuff

Please? :hick:

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=26914
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #6
Which yard are you going to?  I was thinking about going myself.  Meet you in the ford section. LOL

Whatya look like?
Mike

Reply #7
Which one are you heading to pick and pull or u pick it. Pick and pull now has an inventory list on there web site I was planning on hitting one of these on Saturday I am still looking for 5.0 87-88 motor mounts and was praying that one might be found.
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Reply #8
bigbada1.  there is an 86 cougar in the local yard that has the mounts your after..

Reply #9
could use the trans harness for the t5 in a 87-88 TC, the one with the VSS, backup switch and neutral switch on it.  I appreciate your looking to help us out!

Reply #10
I could use the console lid for an 83-84. It has to be light blue though. A tripminder would be lovely if you find more than 1 :D
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

Reply #11
Heated seat harness + module from a 1995-1998 Town Car so I can do the passenger seat mod on my T-Bird :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #12
Quote from: mcb82gt;308972
Which yard are you going to?  I was thinking about  going myself.  Meet you in the ford section. LOL

Whatya look like?

Quote from: bigbada1;308979
Which one are you heading to pick and pull or u pick it. Pick and pull now has an inventory list on there web site I was planning on hitting one of these on Saturday I am still looking for 5.0 87-88 motor mounts and was praying that one might be found.

Was going to Pick 'n Pull initially...didn't know there were two...maybe I'll go to both? lol ;)
mcb82, I'll PM you my cell number, if ya wanna meet up, I'm game. Always better to go hunting with a buddy lol. 2 pairs of eyes are better than one ya know ;)

I'll be the skinny goofy lookin' feller in the Ford hat drivin' a Chevy :hick:
Wow guys, got quite a list here already...hope I robbed enough banks to fund this expedition lol. Bad thing is, if I see something cool, but don't get it, and then post about it later...it's a 2 hour one-way drive to go back :hick:

It's been a long long time since I was at the one yard, no telling what they have. I'll look at the inventory on the one that has it online too.

I feel this is a good thing..maybe I can give back a little, that so many good people have done for me, in the way of parts and the like. Karma, and all ;)

I'll keep everyone posted, and don't be afraid to add to the list lol.

EDIT: I just looked at the inventory on Pick N Pull's site, they have nothing older than '92 for the 'Birds... and 2 '86 Cats, and an '88 Coug. I think I'll also write down the addy for the other 'yard, and check it out too.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #13
They are calling for snow up here today and tomorrow, 3-5" total. 

Just a FYI for you.

Not sure if Ill be heading out in that . LOL
Mike

Reply #14
Ahhh...well, that's sucky, but I have faith lol, so I'm still planning on this trip. If you do decide to go, my cell is six six zero - seven three four - thirty-nine thirty-four ;)

I'm leaving about 10, and for me it's an hour and half or hour and 45 minute trip.

:D
'98 Explorer 5.0