Skip to main content
Topic: Finally!! Pics Added! (Read 3207 times) previous topic - next topic

Finally!! Pics Added!

I picked this up for 300 bucks about 20 minutes ago. It's an '86, 5.0 fuel injected, about 110,000 on the clock. It has a bad heater core and no power steering at the moment. It has very minimal rust, a little on the front quarter and on the trunklid, but I really really went over the frame and the rear quarters and the door jambs and every other place I could think of so I wouldn't get another rust bucket like my 'ol 20th. Better pics to come tomorrow, as it's raining at the moment, but here's one...

X
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #1
Congrats! Looks like a good find. And for the price, that's awsome!

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #2
I know it. I never come by deals like this. The interior is  near perfect too. Has a little bubbling in the headliner, but the seats, and carpet look awesome for the age.  The dash dosen't have a single crack in it either!
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #4
The dash dosen't have a single crack in it either!
    Just wait until you replace the heater core......lol.

20006 Ford Fusion SE

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #5
Use petroleum jelly on the dash. I read that somewhere. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #6
Congrats Joe and you waited long enough for another Cougar friend. :D

Dan & Paula ;)

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #7
just a week ago i finally re-boxed up all those parts you sent and was cussin you man!!,,like how the hell did he fit all this in there.

Nice find for sure!!

just add a 1/4 turn cut off valve inline with the supply hose to the core for now,,or just hook the heat up to the AC core if your not planning on using much AC.

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #8
Quote from: mercury-man;306575
Congrats Joe and you waited long enough for another Cougar friend. :D

Dan & Paula ;)

I know it, man you put up with a lot of complaining from me:D
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #9
Quote from: jcassity;306577
just a week ago i finally re-boxed up all those parts you sent and was cussin you man!!,,like how the hell did he fit all this in there.

Nice find for sure!!

just add a 1/4 turn cut off valve inline with the supply hose to the core for now,,or just hook the heat up to the AC core if your not planning on using much AC.

I figured if I stuffed everything in there good enough it would make up for not using packing peanuts or foam :mullet:

As far as the heater core, I did read the thread about connecting to the ac, and I will probably go that route because I would rather not bypass it, and I don't want to tear my dash up either...
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #10
Do it the right way man, no need to screw it up right after you got it.

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #11
Well I don't have a lot of experience taken dashes out, nor do I have much patience.... I haven't yet checked to see if the ac is functional, but if it is, then I will most likely try to do it right.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #12
Heater cores are pretty cheap and it may be a whole day of work but in the end it will be worth it.

I am glad you got into another Fox Cougar. Any plans yet? That car looks to be the same salmon color my parts Cougar was.

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #13
Congrats!  I must admit I'm somewhat jealous as I have been keeping my eyes peeled for another 86 V8 Cougar myself.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #14
Quote from: 86XR7project;306616
Heater cores are pretty cheap and it may be a whole day of work but in the end it will be worth it.

I am glad you got into another Fox Cougar. Any plans yet? That car looks to be the same salmon color my parts Cougar was.

The previous owner actually bought a new heater core, but he had no mechanical skills at all, and he left the part with me.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII