Skip to main content
Topic: Finally!! Pics Added! (Read 3208 times) previous topic - next topic

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #15
Quote from: Loaded87IROC;306619
Congrats!  I must admit I'm somewhat jealous as I have been keeping my eyes peeled for another 86 V8 Cougar myself.

It was really just one of those right place at the right time deals. My brother was helping his friends uncle repair his roof, and saw the car next door and heard it was for sale. They originally wanted 600, but we got them down to 300. I waited over a year for this one man. But it was worth it.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #16
if your not wanting to take chances damaging your dash. take it to a shop and let them have the fun, if they damage the dash its on them to fix it.

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #17
Quote from: 88turbo;306628
if your not wanting to take chances damaging your dash. take it to a shop and let them have the fun, if they damage the dash its on them to fix it.

some times!
some will try to say, hey it a 23 year old car and it not like it new!
 some times they say it was like that before it came in!
remember it easier to fix them, than to find them after they been crushed.

V6 = juvenile delinquency!

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #18
Take it to a good shop and they won't be as likely to screw you.

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #19
Good luck getting them to fix a 24 year old dash. Can't replace it and most can't do the plastic repairs.
It's Gumby's fault.

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #20
Ok, got around to getting some pictures after messing with the cluster and trying to get my gauges going, and fixing the window motors. Haven't washed it or cleaned the inside yet.
X

X

X
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #21
Some more
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #22
A few more..
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #23
It needs a lot, but it is a good start for me. A lot better than what I had before, although the 20th will always be my favorite.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #24
Thanks for your pics Joe and keep us informed with your progress friend. :D

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #25
I'm sure with a little TLC you'll have it straightened out in no time. It really looks to be in pretty good shape.

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #26
I think for what I paid I came out pretty good on it. It runs and shifts great. Got some mechanical issues to work out, it needs some motor mounts and new u-joints, valve cover gaskets and a good tune up. I'm trying not to get in a rush to get stuff done that way I don't half-ass anything. One thing at a time
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #27
Sounds like you got yourself a solid project! Welcome to the four eyed side of things!

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #28
Got a lot done on the car this weekend. Gave it some new plugs, wires, dizzy cap and rotor, changed the tranny fluid and filter (and man was it bad, it looked like motor oil) and fixed an oil leak. My gauges and cluster are now fully functional. I also got some very nice taillights and put them in.

I went form the old and busted......
X
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Finally!! Pics Added!

Reply #29
To shiny new(er) ones

X

Still a long ways away, but getting there. Especially with my tax money coming Friday, lots of parts to buy....
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII