Skip to main content
Topic: Junkyard run today (Read 2296 times) previous topic - next topic

Junkyard run today

I am heading back to the salvage yard today to pick up a couple of things.  There was about 5 or 6 Fox Cougar/Tbirds there yesterday.  I put up a few pics in the 2009 junkyard finds thread.  I will try to get pics of the ones I forgot to take pics of yesterday.

Does anybody need anything?  I drive a pretty little car so I can't grab big things but I will do what I can.  The yard is about 20 miles away, but I can run back there if somebody really needs something.

Ed
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Junkyard run today

Reply #1
I need inner seat belts by the console in good shape.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Junkyard run today

Reply #2
I'll check it out Vinnie.  What color?
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi

Junkyard run today

Reply #3
Any color is fine.I also need 6 blue fuel injectors from a Taurus Duratech engine if you see any.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Junkyard run today

Reply #4
Just got in, pics on their way...

Junkyard run today

Reply #5
This is a big if...but if you could find (and were willing to pull it) I'm in rather dire need of a manual style heater box. The whole black thing behind the dash...I'll make it worth your time :bowdown:

No hard feelers though if you can't, or don't want to mess with it :D
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Junkyard run today

Reply #6
Ok, here are the pics.  Vinnie, I got your blue injectors.  I tried to find the lowest mileage wrecked car to get them out of.  They came from a 99 Taurus with 79k on it.  As far as seatbelt receivers go, the only good set is in the white 87/88 TC.  They are red with only 1 small crack that I noticed.  There was also a nice single gray one in one of the other cars, but no matching set.  Let me know if those are in nice enough shape for you.

Junkyard run today

Reply #7
Sweet.PM me.

Junkyard run today

Reply #8
I should've told you gray seat belts (inner ones).

Junkyard run today

Reply #9
I didn't get the seatbelts because I didnt know if they would work for you.  Here is a pic of the one good gray belt though.  I'll PM you right as soon as I get back from McDonalds  :-)

Junkyard run today

Reply #10
THAT'S the one I need.THAT ONE !!!! If you go back,get it and the red ones for me.

Junkyard run today

Reply #11
PM sent Vinnie.  I think that good gray belt is on the passenger side if that makes a difference to you.

FordTruckFreeek - Finding them isn't a problem, pulling them might be.  I wish I would have kept the one from my turbo car, I just threw it away when I gutted it.  Is there really none in your area?

Junkyard run today

Reply #12
Unless I make about a 130 mile round trip, I don't know of any yards that are open anymore. The one I do know of may or may not have what I need...

Thanks though :D
'98 Explorer 5.0

Junkyard run today

Reply #13
I'm not saying I won't do it.  If you really need it bad I can get you one.

Junkyard run today

Reply #14
Ok, cool, thanks!

Well, I searched some places, found a place about 120 miles away, so I emailed them with what I need. Hopefully after the holidays I can get something figured out with them, if not, I'll let you know, if you're still interested in doing this, that is. Lol.

Thanks again :D
'98 Explorer 5.0