Skip to main content
Topic: It's been a slow month.... (Read 2541 times) previous topic - next topic

It's been a slow month....

Not much happening this month due to weather (friggin' cold),and the Sport's funds are depleted....which sucks.Hopefully the funds will make a come back when I find the time to get some stuff on Ebay.I did get a new set of polished aluminum valve covers in the mail yesterday.They will go on the new engine,and the finned aluminum "COBRA" covers will be sold.I have a design for a valve cover sticker (for each side) that I'm going to have made soon I hope.Factory appearing,yet one of a kind.Other than,I got nothing going on......except time to type this.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
Hang in there Vinnie, how about a peek of the sticker you have planned.  Ive been pondering something similar for my cougar, eventually.

Mike
Mike

Reply #2
I hear ya. I'm waiting on a few things to sell to have money for things too. I have all these parts, that are worth money, but short of ebay no one has any.

Vinnie, how much does ebay take when you sell something? It's a decent chuck isn't it? Any tips or tips for ebay?

Reply #3
I sold a few things for free recently, I don't know why though. maybe I'm a repeat offender.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #4
I always start the bidding on an item at what it's worth to me (my rock bottom price).I always come out ahead.Yes,Ebay takes a piece,but,I still come out ahead.If I can sell here,even better,but,the sales here have been really slow.If I tried to sell locally,the parts would never go away.I'm the only Fox Bird owner around the area.I never expect to make a killing,just enough to pay for what I need (and want).That's why I always try to make great prices for people.I need to hit the yards again.It's been a long while.No time lately.Once I get to the yard,I'm sure I can make enough to get the ChuckW motor mounts I want (Chuck,I need you to have a buy now-pay later plan...LOL).I've got a box full of Harley Davidson models (plastic kits) that I'll put up on Ebay tonight.They always sell good.I'd show the design of the stickers,but it's on paper,and I don't know how to use the scanner (it took my two years to learn to post pics !!!).It'll be awesome.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
Yep, been a slow month for me too, until now...... Winter is my big time to get things done since I'm usually off of work from Christmas till March.  heads are going to the shop next week, and things are going to move now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #6
Keep me posted and let me know what gets done with the heads.I'm wondering how they compare to mine.Watch the porting,the water jacket walls are thinner than other 5.0 heads with standard plug angles.

Reply #7
They know explorer heads very well. I'll let you know what happens.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #8
Thanks. On another note,what color are you painting the engine when you assemble it?Have you even thought of the "end results" as far as polishing parts,natural cast parts,colors?

Reply #9
I'm going with a silver and black scheme. Most of the car is already heading in that direction. Thinking black motor with all silver accessories (aluminum silver color), black pulleys and such. with a few hints of red, like I have on the suspension.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #10
Nice.I was JUST looking at polished under drive pulleys on Ebay.They are about $120.00 for the crank,water pump,alternator and steering pump.I wish I would've went the polished route,but ended up with black under drives instead.It does have a sweet factory look though,.

Reply #11
Quote from: vinnietbird;303014
Not much happening this month due to weather (friggin' cold)

I hear that. We've been having 10-15 below with 30 below wind chills, so it's been cold here too. It's warming up a little now though. It hit 20 today, so I did some outside stuff before it gets cold again.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #12
I'm in Oklahoma......45 is cold to me.I like the summer....hellooooo 110 degrees.

Reply #13
45 is cold to me too. lol  ...... I must be getting old.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #14
Me too......LOL.My 20 year old joined the Marines (leaves on Jan. 11th),and put his elbow on the coffee table and said "c'mon old man" (wanting to arm wrestle).I laughed at him.He said "are you scared of a future Marine?".I got put my elbow on the table and proceeded to beat him like a rug.He doesn't ask to do that anymore.LOL.I am getting older,but can still keep up with the "children".For now,I can still out run them the length of the block we live on as well.I tell the boys,"you'll never beat able to beat your daddy".I'm sure they will one day,but I'm trying to make that a long time away.LOL.