Skip to main content
Topic: It's been a slow month.... (Read 2542 times) previous topic - next topic

It's been a slow month....

Reply #15
I haven't done anything to the 88 except start it just to let it run in the garage about 3 times over the last 2 months. I've got about three and a half months before I can drive it again. I hate winter...

Suprisingly I don't have any winter projects that need to be done on the 88 either. I'm having the trans re-done in the spring but that's it.

On the bright side it's 30* and snowing here:o
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #16
I have the following to do...

-install the new engine
-install the differential
-CHE control arms
-replacement clutch
-swap motor mounts (stock for now...ChuckW as soon as funds allow)

I'm sure there's more.I'll get it all done eventually.I may install the new valve covers on the new engine.That'll take 5 minutes if I REALLY take my time.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #17
You guys would kill me for my weather right now....

It's like 70 degrees with some wind, making it about 65 with the wind chill. I'm a Florida native, so that makes me cold lol.
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Reply #18
You suck !!! LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #19
Well,I did loosely install the new valve covers on the new engine with new fasteners I newly acquired. Now I have to get some valve cover gaskets and post the other aluminum covers up for sale pretty quick.They look great.I need to get my stickers made though.I need that "something" to bring the covers to a semi-factory appearing look.....but shiny.LOL.

Reply #20
pics?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #21
coming to a thread near you once the sun comes up.

Reply #22
Here's a simple shot of some shiny aluminum on a blue engine.....

Reply #23
That really looks nice. It's tough to beat a freshly painted engine with some bling on it.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #24
ooooooh, shiny.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #25
I had to REALLY look at the covers from all angles,and soak them in for a while.I'm used to the finned aluminum COBRA covers,and I think it's time for a change.I actually think it's a slight step down from the Cobras,but,these fit the "theme" I'm seeking.Maybe there not a step down,but perhaps a step to the side.LOL.I am talking to a guy about making my decals for the covers for me.I'll keep you all posted on the results...or lack-there-of.If he CAN make them (he's the first person I talked to),then I'll probably make more for others to have....but not like mine.They will be one of a kind. Nothing personal,it's a character defect.LOL. I really want to get the engine in the Sport,but,I have some under hood painting and cleaning that needs to happen first.No big deal,the Sport still screams pretty good as she is.

Reply #26
How much are you asking for the cobra covers? They may fit my theme.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #27
I'll let you know when they come off for shipping.It'll be after I install the new engine......some time. You need Trick Flow covers.They have that "machine" look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Trick-Flow-Specialties-5140B801-Valve-Covers-Stock-Hei_W0QQitemZ370308515458QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item56381b8682

Buuuut,you know we can work something out if the Cobras are more your "thang".

Reply #28
those valve covers in the pic are aluminum? they're gonna be a bitch to keep shining like that, if they are.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #29
In my mind, I have covers that are black with brushed fins. Or opposite colors. my mind is also a bit cluttered. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook