Skip to main content
Topic: you know your computer is a little too old when.. (Read 2665 times) previous topic - next topic

you know your computer is a little too old when..

you try to delete a file and this happens:rollin:

I was deleting some music off my external tera drive and my old desktop here just informed my my trash can aint big enough.

Reply #1
ehh, I see that particular message a lot lol

Then again, I run xp...so maybe it IS that OS..?
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #2
This has everything to do with the size of your Recycle Bin and disk space dedicated for it - and not the age of the computer. Right-Click on your Recycle Bin and select Properties. You'll see a slider option with a "maximum size of Recycle Bin (percent of each drive)" value that is adjustable. If the file you're deleting is larger than this setting, then you'll receive that message.

Reply #3
That happens every time I delete a netflix dvd from my hard drive.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
i think the "E:/"  LOL that sums it all. FTWMF
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #5
seen that since windows 95. bin is set to small or your running out of free space to handle the file.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #6
Quote from: ~AC;302189
i think the "E:/"  LOL that sums it all. FTWMF

hehe, I have an E:, F:, G:, H:, I:, J:, K:, L: drives :rollin:
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #7
What's a recycle bin???

Reply #8
C:\
c:\dos
c:\dos\run
c:\run\dos\run

Reply #9
Haha...I actually just got burned by this, this morning. Yesterday i made the jump to windows 7 on this PC. I partitioned the C drive and created A for all my dospoogeents, pictures, executables, games. About 25 gigs. I had them backed up on another internal drive i generally use for movie storage only so i wanted to get them off of there. Before bed i copy-pasted the folder onto A from there. This morning first thing before really being awake i deleated what i thought was the first copy that i copied from but as things turned out, it was the copy on A drive and as a kicker, i didn't copy-pase last night i cut-paste. Clicking OK was exactly like locking and shutting the car door with your keys inside. (done that only once in my life). Similar feeling.

Oh well, If anyone thinks they know a way to recover that then clue me in but something about the words "permanantly delete" leave me less than optimistic.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #10
I D/L a recovery from cnet that locates all the deleted files but have to pay if you want to recover them... I was looking for deleted Mp3 files on a computer I bought, mostly had Michael Jackson, said screw this...

Reply #11
I was looking for deleted Mp3 files on a computer I bought, mostly had Michael Jackson, said screw this...
I know what you were hoping for...dirty old man :hick:

Any chance you know the name of the program?
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #12
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;302230
Michael Jackson, said screw this...

I'm sure lol

Sorry I couldn't resist :rollin::rollin:

(sorry MJ, you still the king though!)
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #13
I don't remember the program name but I believe it's still on that computer, I'll check...

Reply #14
I actually just put a new system together. AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4ghz quadcore, Asus am3 board, 4gb ddr3 1333, radeon HD 5770. Its nice but I had to reuse my 120gig ide hard drive from 2003. Its already 75% full.

Windows 7 is pretty nice by the way.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles