Skip to main content
Topic: Parting out 88 Thunderbird Sport (Read 1576 times) previous topic - next topic

Parting out 88 Thunderbird Sport

I'm a single dad that will never have time to finish this car.  I was driving it for years, and then needed a truck, so I got a truck, and now I'm tired of storing the car.

Rear end is out of a '96 Mustang, so it is the correct width for an 87 88 Bird or Cougar.  Built with 4.10 gear ratio and trac loc

5 lug conversion all the way around with 95 spindles, 96 brakes in the front

Ford Racing adjustable prop valve.

Maximum Motorsports C/C plates

Lemme know what you want on the rest of the car.  Its mostly good
Matt :tg:

Reply #1
I need a timing chain cover.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
central florida where? orlando,tampa,?
86 thunderbird elan

86 mustang coupe

Reply #3
Picture of C/C plates and price? Also since you're parting it out, can I get the EEC-IV connector with as much harness attached as possible (a few inches). I want to have one spare in case and hopefully extend it a bit, after what I did to the thing to install the electronic transmission controller...

Pictures of the entire vehicle would be good. I would hope more that someone local can take the entire car from you though...
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #4
Pics?
2003 Marauder 300B
1996-97 Cobra wheel straight but weathered (For Sale)
84 TC manual shifter handle no  (For Sale)

BTW, I had a 1988 T-Bird Sport way back when. I found out that it was totalled shortly after trading it in. It still has the ignition switch recall to date.

Special thanx to EricCoolCats for showing me to this site.:bowdown:

Reply #5
Vinnie: When I get around to pulling the engine out the timing cover is yours.

Fordguy, I'm in Leesburg which is in Lake County, between Orlando and Ocala.

Seek, PM me your email address and I can zip those pics over to you. 

Roy, PM me your email address and what you want pics of and I'll get them to you.

The car is at my work, so I only have time to do things inbetween jobs.

Thanks Guys!!

Reply #6
interested in some wiring if your willing to pull it.    I need the wiring from the computer harness to the fuel pump including the fuel pump relay.  and I also need the complete headlight harness.  Thanks

Reply #7
Does it have auto lamps and keyless entry?
2003 Marauder 300B
1996-97 Cobra wheel straight but weathered (For Sale)
84 TC manual shifter handle no  (For Sale)

BTW, I had a 1988 T-Bird Sport way back when. I found out that it was totalled shortly after trading it in. It still has the ignition switch recall to date.

Special thanx to EricCoolCats for showing me to this site.:bowdown:

Reply #8
88Turbo.....  um yeah...... I don't really wanna pull wiring from the front of the car to the back.... You can come do it if you want to. LOL!!

Roy, yeah, Autolamps and keyless, I'll get you some pics as soon as I have the time.  Work is actually busy today, and seeing as how I get paid by the job.... Imma keep working for now.  I will get them to you soon though.

Reply #9
Quote from: slowfoxbird;292414

Fordguy, I'm in Leesburg which is in Lake County, between Orlando and Ocala.

i have a buddy who lives in leesburg, if i can think of anything i may need i'll see if he can pick up for me.
86 thunderbird elan

86 mustang coupe

Reply #10
Thanks a lot.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #11
This guy has a deal going here...make some offers and get this thing sold off!

Reply #12
Hows the brake hoses on the rear? And how much would you want for them?
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #13
O.K.,I have a timing cover now,BUT,I need the oil pan and the rails that go down the side.Pull that engine and let's make a deal.

Reply #14
Have the C/C plates sold? If not, please send pics.

How about interior stuff? Color? Might be interested in good door pockets and arm rest parts.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

P.S. I'll PM you my email address.
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis