Skip to main content
Topic: tranny swap question (Read 2380 times) previous topic - next topic

tranny swap question

Reply #15
Not a prob...good to see those extra parts get used instead of sitting gettin' dusty lol:D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

tranny swap question

Reply #16
I got the same problem i got my 351 and aod in my 88 t c i took it out of my 83 tbird.i  thought i saved everything off the old trans. But i don't have a bracket for the shifter lever the 83 was column shift.but what do i have to do to make the floor shifter work on the aod.

tranny swap question

Reply #17
I completed swapping in the Crown Vic AOD this week.

I flipped the shifter rod but had pan clearance issues.  So I have to swap the "bent" T-bird rod over into the Crown Vic AOD.  The only problem I had was the retaining pin in the CV AOD.  The T-bird had a roll pin which was easily removed.  the CV AOD had a solid steel pin that was VERY soft.  After 20 minutes of tedious working with pliers and a chisel, the pic was extracted, complete shifter rod swapped and roll pin installed.
1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

tranny swap question

Reply #18
Ok please help me i put the aod out of my 83 tbird into my 88 tc where can i get the parts to make it work the 83 was column shift.and i know that the 83 pulled and the tc pushes the shifter lever. A guy told me that ford might still have what i need to make it right.i will check them out tommorrow.until then i am getting fustrated.and the junk yards are bare because when s was up they sed everything

tranny swap question

Reply #19
Ok i just printed up the shifter swap diagram from eric i will take it with me to ford.is it the bracket i need.but what about the shifter lever and kickdown lever.when i rotated the shifter lever they hit .or will this bracket let the shifter lever go back up top in its original position for clearance issues