Skip to main content
Topic: Free 3.8 - must pick up (Read 632 times) previous topic - next topic

Free 3.8 - must pick up

anyone need any 3.8 parts (1986) ? the engine ran when parked, i put a batt in the car and the engine turns and sounds fine. i didn't start it, the plug wires are wasted.

anyway post what you need, it's a complete engine with all the brackets,etc.

*EDIT*  i will give the engine/trans to whoever wants it but you MUST pick it up.  if someone wants it let me know and i'll get it pulled out.
86 thunderbird elan

86 mustang coupe

Free 3.8 - must pick up

Reply #1
wish you were closer, because i need everything... mine's running like ... are you doing a swap?

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Free 3.8 - must pick up

Reply #2
Quote from: mywifeskitty;284840
wish you were closer, because i need everything... mine's running like ... are you doing a swap?

eventually, but i want to get the 6 out. tell you what, i'll GIVE you the engine when it's out, just have to give me a little time and you have to pick it up. i didn't start it, squirrels chewed some of the plug wires. it sounds fine when you crank it, no noises or anything. i was told the trans slips and that's why it was parked. you can have that also if you want it.
86 thunderbird elan

86 mustang coupe

Free 3.8 - must pick up

Reply #3
thats a hell of a deal. You better go c00ch that up. A free motor and tranny is definately worth the drive, even if its across the state, lol.

Free 3.8 - must pick up

Reply #4
How many miles are on it? I could maybe use a new air pump if it's the right one.
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Free 3.8 - must pick up

Reply #5
Heck, that's only about a 15 hour drive from here, not including stops. If gas stays under $2.50, that'd be like a hundred bucks... Totally worth it!
Happy Motoring! :burnout:

Free 3.8 - must pick up

Reply #6
Quote from: jrad235;284890
How many miles are on it? I could maybe use a new air pump if it's the right one.

wow i'm a little late on this one, sorry. the odo reads 120k or so
86 thunderbird elan

86 mustang coupe