Skip to main content
Topic: Plus (Read 6375 times) previous topic - next topic

Plus

First off, I love this car and want everything on it to be perfect. Well my paint is less than satisfactory. A job that the guy rushed because he waited too long to start. I will never be happy with it, in fact there isnt one panel on this car that I am pleased with the paint on.

These pics look just like the car looks in person from 5 ft away or so. My buddy's Grandpa ( near mine too) worked at Ford for 34 yrs buffing cars, that is who helped me. He makes it all look so easy.

Interior and paint are almost done. Just touch up stuff now. I have to take the rims off and try to clean them up. Here are some pics of today.

During interior

Before buffing

Engine bay. Best its going to get. Plus I have a miss now. Hope it is just water that will dry and cure itself....

After buffing

That isnt dust, its the flake in the paint!

Guess the new paint is a lighter

Now it is parked away in the garage  until Sunday....
1986 Cougar LS

Plus

Reply #1
Cool !!!
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg ( RIP : ( )

Plus

Reply #2
Looks awesome buddy, I wouldn't get all that worried about the car it is in AMAZING shape for being a rust belt car. I think I would be checking to see if it was a California car with carfax just to be sure (I think they have a more restrictive part in the intake maze, if so I have a 49 state version in the shop). You know if your spark plug well gaskets are shot on yours like they were on mine that might be part of the problem, they end up bathing the wire in oil. Either that or one of the spark plug wires is arcing, I guarantee its not the coil (As there is only one). I thought the last owner was going to keep the police grille? Either way it looks awesome with it on. It could use a set of Emerald Green ovals on it though. You make me miss my 91, I wish it was still driveable weather it was a rusted hunk of  or not I loved that car.

Plus

Reply #3
He is but we arent in a big hurry. I think he is going to let me finish my grill Im making first. This car has been in MO its whole life. 2 owner car, papers on everything the 1st owner had done, all at the dealer he bought from (except one A/C charge). Everything St Louis SHO did there arent papers and every time I see James he tells me something else that is on my car!

Plug well gaskets are good. I always assume the worst so I am thinking CPS.... The car is sitting until Fords Unlimited on Sunday. 4 cars in my class as of now..... but I still think ill only take 3rd at best. Fake Plus is Sonic Blue with black rims, powercoated intake to match, same stereo set up but his sub is in the floor, Cobra brakes, its nice but my paint looks better. White Gen II ATX looks clean as hell in the pics, we all know Gen IIs are more popular to the general public. Gen III that is a charcoal color, really nice.

Who knows..... Its all for fun anyways.
1986 Cougar LS

Plus

Reply #4
Is that a Plus car?
It's Gumby's fault.

Plus

Reply #5
Yep. That color was only available on the Plus in 91
1986 Cougar LS

Plus

Reply #6
Looking real good!!:bowdown:  Good luck at the show. :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Plus

Reply #7
Have fun!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Plus

Reply #8
Glad to see you are enjoying it. I obviously have lost loads of my SHO knowledge over the years :lol:

Plus

Reply #9
Quote from: 86XR7project;283562
Glad to see you are enjoying it. I obviously have lost loads of my SHO knowledge over the years :lol:

lol, i cant remember stuff i learned a few months ago. Ive learned alot about Plus' in the last 2 month from knowing nothing.
1986 Cougar LS

Plus

Reply #10
Does it still have the little compartments in the trunk? My buddies brother had us junkyard hunting for those little compartments at one point.

Also, didn't the plus cars get color coded mirrors or something to that effect?

At least you got the rod shifter. They suck, but the cable shifter sucks more. Do you guys have any mods like heim joint ends like the turbododge guys do?
It's Gumby's fault.

Plus

Reply #11
I think the normal SHO had color coded mirrors, I think 91+ models had black mirrors maybe?

Plus

Reply #12
Quote from: 86XR7project;283724
I think the normal SHO had color coded mirrors, I think 91+ models had black mirrors maybe?

correct. Black mirrors, pillar, chrome window trim. amber tails, power bulge hood, spoiler, slicers, 24V emblems, body color molding trim....

My car WAS a cable car. Looking into a SHOrty shifter, like 2 1/2 inch shifts.

Trunk compartments...? if they were on the pass side, my fiberglass sub box is there. I have a compartment in the rear deck. Dr side is just a well.

Well off to finish her up for tomorrow. Going to need some SPF 120 since I got burnt today:punchballs:
1986 Cougar LS

Plus

Reply #13
For some reason I think mine had the rod shifter which is possible if they were a late 91 (I think....)

Plus

Reply #14
Long overdue. Pics from Fords Unlimited 2009

1986 Cougar LS