Skip to main content
Topic: My '86 TurboCoupe (Read 34249 times) previous topic - next topic

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #45
What you call "registration book", might that equal "owner's manual" ?  The Owner's Manual isn't too big (maybe 50-100 pages?). There are the repair ("shop") manuals (several books), and then there's another how-to book for simple/common repairs (~50 pages).

If you only need the info, and it's not already available, it might be easier to take pictures and send you those. 

Do you have access to a Chilton's or Hayes repair manual?
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #46
I think that paper where are written all informations about the car and its owner. I don't know the exact word of this dospoogeent.

We have two versions, "small" and "big". In small are written most important informations about the owner and car. I have to keep this card by me when I am driving this car. The "big" I have at home, there is complete info about the car and history of owners. But I have it full of incorrect informations. This dospoogeent is necessary for technical control station. Until first January of this year it might be a problem, because of incorrect informations.

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #47
Hi guys, I had a problem yesterday. I was boiling water. Today I changed thermostat, because I had the old one working strange. It was still full opened, but when I was taking it out, it was closed. It probably was dead and I went through city in rush hour.
But today I found one more strange thing. Is it normal, that A/C compressor is working in heat mode? It shut off only in OFF and VENT mode. I think it should work only in A/C mode, not in HEAT. And fan wasn't working too although it was connected properly.

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #48
Dospoogeentation -
if no one else has any pics, maybe I can get some this weekend for you to identify.

Boiling water -
is the radiator cap good?

A/C -
there is a separate temperature select which works all the time.  So it's possible to choose 'max a/c' and 'hot' temperature and get hot air.

Does the fan work if you directly connect it to a 12V electric source?  If your engine fan isn't working when the a/c is 'on', the relay may be bad.  Or the a/c could be low on freon (that could also explain hot air in a/c mode).
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #49
I changed thermostat and today found and fixed one small problem with fan wiring. This was the main problem I think. I found it, because fan didn't work in A/C mode. I will see tomorrow, we have Friday night ride again. It's in the city, so it will be hard test.
BTW radiator cap works well.

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #51
Hi, can somebody make a photo of the strap over the battery used in TurboCoupe, please? I need to make a copy, because I don't have it and my battery isn't fixed on it's place (it's just sitting in the tray). I would like to make the copy of original.

Thanks

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #52
No strap over the top, just a clamp on the battery box as show in the picture.
tbirdregistry.com

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #53
Nice T-Bird! It's nice to see there are fans of these cars around the world.

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #55
I visited on Friday evening one guy, who wrecked an '88 bird. He had a lot of parts from that car, so i finaly found complete battery bay with the clamp and screw. And Rodsterh, thanks for help.
I also bought an autolamp dimmer, but as I found in EVTM, without controler. I will test it out of car and after tests I would like to install it into the car (with found or home made controler).

Does someone have one more electronic day-night mirror?

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #56
I  hope to have a few of those mirrors as soon as I get to the salvage yard.I'm going to start grabbing all of them I see.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #57
Ok, I'll send you a PM, probably tomorrow. And you can add one more part from salvage yard to list for me - front right position light (that next to headlamps) - I tried to use black chrome on light bezel. The disassembling was OK, but it cracked when I was putting it back to the bezel. It was cracked a bit from past and I finished it :mad:.

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #58
Hi, the fog lamp, I was waiting since August FINALY arrived (that guy sent it last thursday). So I've taken the broken glass out and put the new one to the bezel.

Here are both fog lamps :)

I'm going to install them on car in short future :burnout:

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #59
I might have some black cats you can glue on the glass. I always save them when the glass breaks.
Motorsport FMIC, Boport 1.5, Boblee header, gutted upper, profiled lower, phenolic spacer, Accufab fpr, LA3, Boport stage 3 big valve head, 57 trim/stage III Perfromance Techniques custom turbo, stinger 3" DP and custom 3"exhaust, AEM wideband, custom aluminum carnk pulley, Merkur custom A/C setup, PA performance high output 3G alt, dual oil catcj cans, Motorsport Valve cover,full Motorcraft tune up kit, 22psi of LOCO!!