Skip to main content
Topic: Project thunderstruck! Update 3-11-13 (Read 31176 times) previous topic - next topic

Project thunderstruck! Update 3-11-13

Reply #75
What does the little bracket have to do with the coolant tubes.The Stang 5.0 and Bird 5.0 share the same coolant tubes on the intake if I remember correctly.Glad to hear the project is moving along well.I can't say anything about the spoiler.I'm not a fan of them on '87/'88 Birds.I'm partial to the natural look.How's it going removing the rear window tint.I just finished my back window the other day when I was replacing the package shelf.Not too bad of a job.I used 0000 steel wool after I peeled off what i could.It erases it easily without damage to anything.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #76
Quote from: 88turbo;315896
any guess as to where it came from? ;)

Looks kinda like it off some govt. motors car, not sure which one though.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #77
I havent been doing anything with the tint, for some reason the tubes interfered with the bracket I will see if it can be used once I get the tubes tightened down into place.  the spoiler came from a geo storm and is stamped Aeroform of Kansas City, MO

Reply #78
I think I have one of those in the garage.I have about 5 or 6 spoilers in the rafters.I know they are close to the width of our cars,just don't know what all of them came from....or even where I got them at this point.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #80
Quote from: 1 BADBIRD;315943
Spoiler looks Good ! I like the Look !

thanks!!  really means a lot coming from you :D love your bird

the car is getting really close to being ready to start only needs a few more things :D :D

Reply #81
Quote from: 88turbo;315953
thanks!!  really means a lot coming from you :D love your bird

the car is getting really close to being ready to start only needs a few more things :D :D

Thanks to you to man ! I bet you can't wait to get it started . Keep posting pictures , We love to see progress !!:burnout:

Reply #82
I'm with 1 BADBIRD, I think it looks good. The one on mine is an A&A.

Reply #83
thinking about painting it Satin black since the red doesnt match but I am open to comments and suggestions

Reply #84
I think I'd do the same. Then if you get the car painted you can have it done the same color.

Reply #85
here is what I did on the silver bird years back.  the new spoiler is almost exactly the same only a little narrower

Reply #86
starting to stress alittle about this build.  engine is mostly assembled but waiting on funds for a 1/2" intake spacer.  decided to try to get the engine to crank over by the key and no go.. :(  when I turn the key to the start position I hear a clicking of a relay coming from what sounds to be in the package tray and the lights in the dash dim but no crank.  if I cant figure out these issues the car will be up for grabs :(

Reply #87
Is there plenty of power to the battery?The fuel pump relay is under the package tray area.

Reply #89
I'll pull the battery from the cougar and see what happens and report back.

edit, does the fuel pump have to be hooked up for the engine to crank? another thing I have no way of hooking up the neutral safety switch which is probably the cause.... :(