Skip to main content
Topic: Project thunderstruck! Update 3-11-13 (Read 31180 times) previous topic - next topic

Project thunderstruck! Update 3-11-13

Reply #45
I do have a few relay questions. in the pic above there is a wire that runs next to the passenger strut tower what does this go to so I know what relay to get?  and also next to the computer there is another relay what is it? Thanks in advance

Reply #46
as far as the title goes for this thing I'm gonna have to contact an attorney to go through the court and have the judge award the car to me. I guess if I want to save this thing bad enough I'll do what it takes to do so. does anyone have any ideas on the relays asked about above? Thanks

Reply #47
I was told that the one on the passenger side fender well is for the a/c.The other one,I'm not sure.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #48
The one next to the eec *may* be the fuel pump relay...they're in close proximity to each other...

Any progress is good :D
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #49
The fuel pump relay is in the trunk between the inner rear fender and structual support....under the package shelf area.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #50
yeah the fuel pump relay was already with the harness and is installed in the trunk. I think this is where Jcassity and one of his helpful posts is needed :D

Reply #51
You're right..the relay I was referring to is the eec relay...brain fart I guess:punchballs::D
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #52
new question, are relays the same internally? like if I were to use my old antilock relay for the A/C or EEC would it work?

Reply #53
Well, I had the wrong one in the connector for the eec....and the car wouldn't start :hick:...

BUT, the relay itself was missing a terminal that the connector had, so as long as they have the same terminals I'd *guess* they'd work.

If you don't have the one you need, text me a pic of the connector, and I'll send you one..I have several here ;)
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #54
here are are the pics of the relay plugs you asked for Beau. the top is the EEC relay and the bottom is the AC relay.

Reply #55
about time for another update, I finally got my headlight harness all strung together with the 5.0 alternator harness.  and I have found an offroad H-pipe.  thats about all I have done for now lol.

Reply #58
Cool, the payoff is well worth it!! I'm ready for some nice weather so I can get started on mine. I just have some minor things to take care of. At least I hope it's only minor!! LOL!!