Skip to main content
Topic: 88lx 5.0 t-bird Maandy´s restoration (Read 42062 times) previous topic - next topic

Been a long time

Reply #120
Hy everyone, it´s been long time since I wrote something here. I have been raising the thunderbird fund for body work. Now I can buy all the body panels but need some more for paintshop work money. I will buy and replace both front fenders, both rear quarter panels, both door skins and both rocker panels.
Yesterday I got some parts from paintshop they were first sand blasted and then painted and crossmember was powdercoated.
Thanks everyone in this forum and good luck with your projects!

88lx 5.0 t-bird Maandy´s restoration

Reply #121
Wow! Impressive work!
You did better job with the hood lock thingy than I did neighbour! :)
Here's mine, fixed it yesterday.

Reply #122
Thanks! Good luck with restoring I have zinced all small parts of my car. How´s your progress going?

Reply #123
Mine has been slow for a couple of years but soon time for paint so my goal is that the car is road finish for April 1st :)

Reply #124
Wow that´s really soon good luck with it ! Mine is not going to be ready for this summer I´ll hope that body work can be finished for the end of this year. But you´ll never know.
Hope that you post some pics of your car if it´s road ready.

Reply #125
Quote from: maandy;349522
Hy everyone, it´s been long time since I wrote something here. I have been raising the thunderbird fund for body work. Now I can buy all the body panels but need some more for paintshop work money. I will buy and replace both front fenders, both rear quarter panels, both door skins and both rocker panels.
Yesterday I got some parts from paintshop they were first sand blasted and then painted and crossmember was powdercoated.
Thanks everyone in this forum and good luck with your projects!

Where are you going to get your panels and doors from? They're out of reproduction... Will you get used parts here in the US, and have them shipped?
I was just wondering
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #126
I figured Estonia was somewhere near Russia... your grammar has sort of a Russian accent to it I think. Is Russian the language you normally speak?

By the way, the car is coming along very nicely. I'm happy for you that you're able to accomplish so much being so far away from where these cars came from.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #127
Isn't it Estonian?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #128
I guess they're very similar...
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #129
daminc: Like in the fender thread I said: about year ago there was in sherman parts but now I don´t have any idea where I can get my parts. If finding used parts from US is the only choice then I have to start looking for them. But it´s very good point from you... makes me wondering too.

sarjaxxx: If look at the map then Russia and Estonia are neighbors and Estonia is very small country. I don´t speak russian at all maybe I know few words and language is Estonian which is no way similar or even close to russian. So 10 points to daminc! By the way thanks and I like that car so much and I want to drive it again but it must be perfect.

Reply #130
oh well now I feel dumb:dunce:

You're English is pretty good though. A lot better than a lot of foreigners that actually LIVE here...  Are there a lot of English speaking people there or did you study it?
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #131
Thanks a lot! Like todays business and web is english & studying from 4 class at school to 12 class + now more at university. And most of young people talk englist in Estonia.

Reply #132
Love the progress on the car. Great build. Keep it up!

Reply #133
This thread inspires me. Great work!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #134
Thanks! Progress should be faster atleast I have feeling like it´s really slow. I hope that at summer I can get plenty of time to do real good progress and show you some pictures. Right now it´s so cold out there to do some bodywork, car is in the garage but not heated garage.