Skip to main content
Topic: 88lx 5.0 t-bird Maandy´s restoration (Read 42064 times) previous topic - next topic

88lx 5.0 t-bird Maandy´s restoration

Reply #105
The engine looks good inside.What are the plans with it?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #106
Hmm engine plans. Where to start but im still considering new block with splayed caps I mean bessel motorsports block with splayed caps and 331 stroker in it. After that my machine shop guy told me he can work my stock heads so much that intake is 1,94" and exhaust would be 1,60" and increase air flow so it could be good for 450hp. I have though about 450-500hp and with moates quartehouse chip it would all be running with A9L computer and ofcourse fuel injection. Those are my little ideas so what do you think?

Reply #107
I think it sounds great of he can make those py heads work out right. I would start with different heads from the start myself. Those are the stock E-6heads,right?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #108
Yes those are stock E-6 heads actually Im not that sure about that he can make those heads so good but I though I´ll let him try and see what comes out. I will definately let you know are they good on . If they are not good enough ofcourse I will buy aftermarket head and then they will be Edelbrock victor series.

Reply #109
Ok I need a little help now :D Has anyone done this or can anyone help me. How to remove that (aluminum with ignition switch from tilt) <-- how to call it. I want to send that shaft ti zinc and paint all the rust I already now ho to remove switch but that other aluminum piece where everything is attached. pics too

Reply #110
Can't you just clean it and leave it as it is? It's aluminum,it won't rust on you.

Reply #111
I know that aluminum don´t rust and it never can rust. But my point was how to get that  old rusty shaft out of there

Reply #112
I wish I could help with that.I've never had a reason to dis-assemble one before.

Reply #113
Ok, I can live with that much of rust, so I´ll put back together. Thing is that I can zinc parts almost for free (friend ) that´s why I´m putting and looking like crazy everything that I can zinc :D Thanks anyway!

Reply #114
You could always clean it up and clear coat it.

Reply #115
Yep that´s what I tought too.

Reply #116
Hy, It´s been pretty long time since I last wrote something here. Most of the summer has been without work on the car because I needed to work so I can buy more parts for the car. This is how much I have done: Body is clean inside, engine and transmission is out. Only front and rear end are still under because I´m waiting to get the subframe connectors on and welded. I think there might be even bigger brake come in the progress because bodyworker said about 3500$ with new parts, job & painting. So I think I´m going to work all winter to get the bodywork done. I just hope the project don´t stop.

Reply #117
Progress pics? This is one of my fav. builds.

20006 Ford Fusion SE

Reply #118
As long as you're still making progress,that's all that matters.Good to hear from you again.

Reply #119
Thanks, I will make some pictures next time and hope some bigger progress coming soon before the winter.