Skip to main content
Topic: 88lx 5.0 t-bird Maandy´s restoration (Read 42550 times) previous topic - next topic

88lx 5.0 t-bird Maandy´s restoration

Reply #75
If not try here. Pretty sure he'll ship out of the States.
http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=6RCC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #76
Oo yes thanks daminc there´s a lot of tools what I want :D I´ll ask them about shipping but that looks like nice place to order.

Reply #77
I buy a lot of supplies from there.
I belong to the forum there also..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #78
I haven`t found any zero-rust products but I got contacts to buy KBS coatings products. So are they good or should I prefer zero-rust ?

Thanks

Reply #79
Everyone is getting into the rust stopping game. Rustoleum's hammered finish paint is said to to do the same also. I would imagine it's comparable to ZR. You may find that if you look at the tech sheets on most of these products, that they're probably very close to each other.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #80
I refuse to undercoat and rust proof.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #82
Thank you all.

To Vinnietbird : Why would you refuse to undercoat your car and make it more rust proof ? What´s bad in undercoating?

To jcassity : Thanks a lot if I look at those pages then I start to think I really do. :D And rust.. hmm maybe it´s all in my head :D

Reply #83
There is no rust where Vinnie lives. He sent me a set of 20 year old springs that looked like they were brand new.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #84
Ok that´s why he refuses. I can´t even imagine life without rust :D paradise

Reply #85
Hy everyone again!
Haven´t done much but some little things like I ordered POR-15 and some parts came from zincbath. I remowed drivesharft and H-pipe and now just hoping to get the engine out really soon. Ok few pics too

Reply #86
Front and rear bumper clamps before and after zinc

Reply #87
Nice looking parts.I'd love to have a bunch of parts plated,but,the cost would kill me.I can't wait to see the Bird when you're finished.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #88
Vinnie, get the do it yourself home zinc plating kit
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #89
Thanks, actually it doesn´t cost that much one car all screws bolts and stuff like this weight about 40kg zincing would cost me 100$ I just did one 74 charger stuff. Those parts on the picture clamps and stuff cost me 4$. I want to get body clean then I can think about body shop.