Skip to main content
Topic: WARNING! Viewing Discretion Only! (Read 2304 times) previous topic - next topic

WARNING! Viewing Discretion Only!

Reply #15
if i go to a yard, there is always a thunder bird and possibly a cougar... 87-88.  but its always a picked clean 6cyl car with no real salvagable anything on it.  if that was my yard, i would have had those black mesh wheels in a heart beat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #16
I am new to the foxbody birds/cougars but that hurts right there!
There is not one single foxbody mustang or thunderbird around here anywhere. I have seen 2 or 3 cougars though.
1971 Camaro Blown 640ci
1988 T-Top Mustang
1980 Mustang coupe
1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe
And a purple mini van! :burnout:

Previous Thunderbirds:
1988 Sport

Reply #17
CoolCats s yard... that idea makes me drool. :hick:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #18
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;276468
..meanwhile, recycling plants and bulk metal buyers are (or were) paying hundreds of dollars for a ton of metal..

Quote from: Thunder Chicken;276495
FordTruckFreak hit the nail on the head. Last year's crazy high s prices resulted in a LOT of melted T-Birds and Cougars. High s prices did more to hurt the old car hobby than any "cash for clunkers" plan that everyone's fearing ever could..

I agree 100%. Last fall, I had a 92 Crown Vic that ran like a top. It had all of the trim and a near perfect interior. Long story short, I pulled the motor/tranny and sold the rolling shell to the syard for $400. How could you part them for pennies when yards were paying hundreds?
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #19
i was just going to sleep now im going to have a bad dream thankyou

Reply #20
Joey, pass me a tissue!
1987 TC