Skip to main content
Topic: WARNING! Viewing Discretion Only! (Read 2307 times) previous topic - next topic

WARNING! Viewing Discretion Only!

:shakeheadIf you have a weak stomach don't look....or if you have an adventurous mind, this is cool.

It was one of my son's and I favorite salvage yard near Waco, TX. But as of 2009, the owner past away and the WHOLE salvage yard was crushed and cleared! (sniff..sniff)

Actually, the title could be misread, for example, this was also a place of adventure in finding many needed parts.
Ride the Thunder & Feel the Power

Reply #1
What a place!!

Reply #2
I spent hours at this place...

Reply #3
Damm, whats up with all those turbocoupes? I need seen more than 1-2 in one place in the last 15 years. I know you snagged that 5 speed console boot, radio bezel, and center console in that one right?? right? lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
oh the horror!!!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #5
oh now that really sucks=[  all the parts we could have all used..... tc's rears,noses trans, HOODS(sniff sniff)  how about a moment of silence for these fallen warriors......

Reply #6
*sigh* that will ruin your day....

Reply #7
Same deal happened around here. My local yard had 2 whole ROWS of fox cougars/birds/marquis/ltds (probably 30-40 of them) and 3 ROWS of fox mustangs and a sprinkling of mark vii's. I could find anything and everything there. Then we had a bad flood one year, and that entire side of the junk yard was under water. They crushed everything once the water subsided. Ugh. Now I think there are 2 fox birds, no cougars, and a couple totally-picked-clean mustangs.

CoogarXR
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #8
Seeing that brings a tear to my eye.....

Reply #9
yeah  my yard used to have a few  now theres like 3 four eyes, 2 marks, and a hand full of stang shells=[  whats the world coming to???  s the import  and save the american muscle(in our eyes anyway=] )

Reply #10
It's because we're about the ONLY people wanting parts off of these cars, for a nickel here, a dime there...meanwhile, recycling plants and bulk metal buyers are (or were) paying hundreds of dollars for a ton of metal..and since those cars were sitting there....yeah, occasionally we have the one owner who knows there's a niche market for the stuff, but when that person dies, or sells out, or otherwise moves on....

Yeah it sucks...I "saved" the '88 TC I found, by stripping it down to nothing but a bare shell, and a cracked windshield. Sucks we can't save every one of 'em though.

I'd like to start a "graveyard" for 83-97 ThunderCats. I have the land, just not the cash to start it...:punchballs:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #11
Would be cool to start a "cool cats" jy,,.... or parts dopot!!! But i guess we all have our own little one,. nestled away in the garage....
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #12
FordTruckFreak hit the nail on the head. Last year's crazy high s prices resulted in a LOT of melted T-Birds and Cougars. High s prices did more to hurt the old car hobby than any "cash for clunkers" plan that everyone's fearing ever could...

At least you can rest easy knowing those melted T-Birds and Cougars will ride again... as Chinese Hummers :hick:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #13
that looks a lot like my favorite yard here in Oklahoma.......minus the crushing.I've picked most of the cars clean though.I found two more yards I hope to get to this week.They both said they had a few Turbo Coupes.I'll take orders later.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #14
Ftmfw