Skip to main content
Topic: 87 cougar V8 45,xxx miles excellent cond (Read 838 times) previous topic - next topic

87 cougar V8 45,xxx miles excellent cond

not sure if everyones seen it but I guess you could say im testing waters on this.

heres a link with thorough info.
http://www.arimport.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7667

recent things done to the car since i've had it are.
full tune up. all stock hoses removed and replaced with brand new ones. brakes replaced along with rear brake shoes and rear brake cylenders. aftermarket kenwood CD deck ($300+ value) and windows have been tinted. very dark but within legal limits in the state of Arkansas.

** I do have the original radio if wanted.**

the car is fully loaded, Power everything. excellent condition except for VERY minor small scratches and small hail spot on hood.

the hail spots are only visable if you look at the car form an angle. but other than that, you'd never know they were there.

(link on site with pics)  http://foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=23109&page=3

the interior is excellent, looks brand new, and its the original carpeting and all. no stains, rips or tears and never smoked in.
the only thing I know of that isnt working right now is the cruise control. which may be a fuse?

trunk is clean not 1 body ever put into it. :P
i have the original owners manual along witht he original warranty guide and shop book for repairs and diagnostics.

any questions, please feel free.
**IF ANYONE IS WANTING MORE DETAILED PHOTOS OR INFO, JUST ASK ^.^ **

Reply #1
So are we gangster wannabe's or old people? Maybe you shouldn't make comments about the owners like that in the website you send a link to.

Reply #2
:flip:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #3
No those are the people who he finds having interest in it.....

"but on foxtbirdcougarforums.com those are the main people that would want it but cant come get it because they're not close enough."
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #4
Quote from: 86XR7project;265325
So are we gangster wannabe's or old people? Maybe you shouldn't make comments about the owners like that in the website you send a link to.

I am in no way at all trying to offend anyone. 

by the comment added in that board, I was speaking of the kids at my school.  and with the "older people" comment.  by all means I mean adults and elders.  Reason being,  it seems only elders are the ones to are aware of what the car is, and respect and appreciate it.

all the people around my age see it as just an old car since its not a newer stylish model.

I apologize to anyone and everyone who felt offended by that.

ZondaC12  Thank you for reading through that forum thoroughly and seeing I was not trying to offend anyone.

Again in advanced.  to ROMEO 86XR7Project and everyone.  I apologize for the misunderstanding.  I in no way form or fashon am trying to offend anyone.

Reply #5
No big deal.I'm not easily offended myself,and since I'm a manly kind of guy,I can take the older people" stuff.LOL.You're fine.Don't sweat the little stuff.There's always someone who will be offended no matter what you say.These days,it seems like need to have some kind of disclaimer at the end of every post as to the intent of the post,who it was intended for,and who it wasn't meant to offend.It's too bad that men got so so delicate over the years.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Thank you. im sorry.

Reply #6
Quote from: vinnietbird;265373
No big deal.I'm not easily offended myself,and since I'm a manly kind of guy,I can take the older people" stuff.LOL.You're fine.Don't sweat the little stuff.There's always someone who will be offended no matter what you say.These days,it seems like need to have some kind of disclaimer at the end of every post as to the intent of the post,who it was intended for,and who it wasn't meant to offend.It's too bad that men got so so delicate over the years.LOL.

^.^ Thank you, again i do not mean to offend anyone. 
  I am military brat, and  I assure you,  the main things i respect most of all or military veterans and my elders.

Reply #7
Quote from: vinnietbird;265373
It's too bad that men got so so delicate over the years.LOL.

Yea! What the hell!!!!!???? *insert picture of arbitrary military drill sargeant waving finger and yelling* :rollin:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #8
Quote from: ZondaC12;265386
Yea! What the hell!!!!!???? *insert picture of arbitrary military drill sargeant waving finger and yelling* :rollin:

lol perhaps maybe a photo of the drill sargeant from the movie Full Metal Jacket will do.

"WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MAL-FUNCTION NUMB NUTS!?!?!"

Reply #9
Yes EXACTLY what I was thinking. Just the quote I was thinking of wasn't quite appropriate here hahahahaha :rollin:  :o

Reply #10
Quote from: ZondaC12;265400
Yes EXACTLY what I was thinking. Just the quote I was thinking of wasn't quite appropriate here hahahahaha :rollin:  :o

lol  depending on cerspoogestances, honestly if it were me, i'd just make a come back like.  "there are many brave men and women who fought and died for my rights and no one is gonna shut me up and i'll be D**** before i let them die in vane."

lol in doing so it makes you look like a patriot and the other guy look extremely bad.

depending on how oyu look at it <- disclaimer?

side note

car is for possible sale.  TESTING WATER.
  quite honestly i'd wrather see the car go to someone on here than a kid at school who will just throw some 20"+ rims on it and put the ugly little reflective almost chrome tint and everything else on it, making it look bad.  because if it goes to anyone here, I know the car will be in good hands and be WELL taken care of.  chome is nice but too much is ugly. unless its a harley  then thats good.

Reply #11
for what its worth,
it was the other guy making odd comments back on the car,, not you.

nice ride, hope it sells.

Reply #12
I'm known for being a baby about things sometimes. I apologize for being a jerk.

Reply #13
-them dang young whippersnappers.....:rollin:
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

Reply #14
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~