Skip to main content
Topic: My $50 Cougar! (Read 6789 times) previous topic - next topic

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #60
Quote from: 86XR7project;262390
Magic? I predict the pictures never show and if they do it won't even be the same car.
:ttiwwp:

Just so you know the thread is in User Rides were you put pics of your cars and tell you about them right? If you could of waited to open your mouth until i posted the thread that i was planning on making when i put the car back together after fix the core support and paint. You would be able to see everything seperated from each other and how it is put together.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:burnout: :flame:
1987 Cougar LS w/460big block & AOD tranny
1992 Cougar XR7 Supercharged 3.8L V6
1987 Pontiac Firebird w/3.1 V6
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4
1988 AMC Eagle Wagon w/14000 mile crate 258 I-6
1931 Model A Pickup

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #61
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;262425
He may have said it, but we all thought it man. First off, 50 bucks? Thats kinda hard to beleive, its hard to beleive you could get any car that wasn't a rusted peice of  (like mine-$650), but as you said you could've been at the right place at the right time, who knows? And then there is the whole 460 and AOD thing......nobody is calling you a liar, and just because 86XR7Project called you on it, dosen't mean he is the only one who thinks that, no reason for insults bro. But you can see the logic, right? No pics, work that you really don't ever see done.....Just post some pics and we will all shut the hell up. Plus it would be badass to see;)

I don't see how you think that $50 seems so hard to believe. Both me and my dad can't belive some of the people on this forum pay as much as they do for a car thats a complete rot box. Plus if i had better pics you would see that both rear qauter need rust repair in the fender lips and lower corners, a new deck lid, and a core support.
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4
1931 Model A Pickup

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #62
Quote from: coug460;262546
Just so you know the thread is in User Rides were you put pics of your cars and tell you about them right? If you could of waited to open your mouth until i posted the thread that i was planning on making when i put the car back together after fix the core support and paint. You would be able to see everything seperated from each other and how it is put together.

Quote from: coug460;262547
I don't see how you think that $50 seems so hard to believe. Both me and my dad can't belive some of the people on this forum pay as much as they do for a car thats a complete rot box. Plus if i had better pics you would see that both rear qauter need rust repair in the fender lips and lower corners, a new deck lid, and a core support.

So what your saying is there will be no pics until everything is done? You dont get cars for $50 everyday, hell you can barely get a hunk of s that was a car for $50. That is why it is hard to believe.

As time goes on and all we get is more talk, the more skeptical it all becomes. We dont want you to feel unwelcome but what you say doesnt add up in everyones mind.

How did you run the linkage for the tranny?
1986 Cougar LS

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #63
Quote from: coug460;262546

Engine in, engine out. Car finished, car still needing done. Which is it. Nothing you say has been consistant. Until I see pics I think you are full of it. I said you got alot done on the car in to months and you attacked me and basically had implied this car was done and now you say you need to get the car put back together?

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Just another kid making up stories.

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #64
Guys, come on. Guilty until proven innocent, eh? If I got this treatment when I joined this board I would have told you all to get bent and you never would have seen me again.

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #65
How did you run the linkage for the tranny?

This question has been asked more than once by more than one person and you SHOULD have seen it considering the fact that you have responded in this thread AFTER 3 people distinctly asked on how it was done while not addressing the question.  Now it's being asked again.

If you're going to post that you've dropped a big block Ford 460 in a fox body Cougar in front of an AOD transmission while running a carb and then follow that up with thumbnail sized pictures of the supposed vehicle that this was done to with those pictures having the 3.8 V6 in the engine bay; you SHOULD expect some skepticism. 

Now add to that the fact that apparently this engine has to be removed to address a frame issue and the fact that you've stated pictures of this rather rare combination of Fox/460/AOD/Carb will not be posted for a while only heighten suspicion.

There's a wonderful thing about this particular forum:  Since these cars were performance step-children to the deified fox Mustang those who own them and wish to wring more power out of them have to overcome a few obstacles.  That requires research which in turn causes the owner to learn in greater detail on the whole than your average fox Mustang owner.

Translation:  We can smell a lie a LOT sooner....

Also, as stated above, we've had our fair share of Bvllshiznit Artists in the past.  Your mannerisms in this thread smack of one in particular.
I actually had the notion that it is possible you were that person returning for a third time....

If your being sincere with us than I apologize in advance, however I hope I've brushed upon why you have been met with such skepticism.

:)
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #66
Quote from: 86XR7project;262552
Engine in, engine out. Car finished, car still needing done. Which is it. Nothing you say has been consistant. Until I see pics I think you are full of it. I said you got alot done on the car in to months and you attacked me and basically had implied this car was done and now you say you need to get the car put back together?

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Just another kid making up stories.

I never said the project was done. You just implied it. The only resaon i attacked you is because you pissed me off by assuming you knew exactly what you were talking about. Besides now i'm completely fed up with your  (all you are is an A** hole) enough said end of story. The motor and everything was but together basically for mock up. If you look back you would see that i said earlier that the engine is coming back out for paint and so i can replace the core support. I would have done it earlier but it was to cold out to be painting the engine compart (i at least want the car to look good and not be some py thrown together pile of ). So now that its getting warm out i can paint the engine and start compartment.
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4
1931 Model A Pickup

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #67
Quote from: oldraven;262559
Guys, come on. Guilty until proven innocent, eh? If I got this treatment when I joined this board I would have told you all to get bent and you never would have seen me again.

You have no idea how close i am.
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4
1931 Model A Pickup

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #68
Quote from: V8Demon;262561

I actually had the notion that it is possible you were that person returning for a third time....

:rollin:
1986 Cougar LS

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #69
All I'm saying is he even said he could borrow a camera but didn't want to. If he made up a story why not just own up to it and apologize, if not I apologize. I have a hard time believing that he had a $50 as he stated, not impossible but after I Googled him (On a gut feeling, yes I do have that much time on my hands.) I felt my suspision was warranted. If you are a Cougar Thunderbird guy thats great but if you feel you need to make up stories, we aren't going to take kindly to that. Dude, all it takes is some pictures engine, car and engine-in-car. That easy. We'd back off.

And yet again you dodged the linkage question....

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #70
Just so you know right know i ran a bracket from lokar and one of their cables i purchased them both from summit racing here are the links. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=LOK%2DSRK%2D4000&N=700+400015+115&autoview=sku

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=LOK%2DKDP%2D2AODHT&N=700+400015+4294851531+115&autoview=sku
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4
1931 Model A Pickup

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #71
Quote from: coug460;262565
I never said the project was done. You just implied it. The only resaon i attacked you is because you pissed me off by assuming you knew exactly what you were talking about. Besides now i'm completely fed up with your  (all you are is an A** hole) enough said end of story. The motor and everything was but together basically for mock up. If you look back you would see that i said earlier that the engine is coming back out for paint and so i can replace the core support. I would have done it earlier but it was to cold out to be painting the engine compart (i at least want the car to look good and not be some py thrown together pile of ). So now that its getting warm out i can paint the engine and start compartment.

So now its a mock up... Couldnt have said that before? Well if it a mock up then the motor is in the car. So if this not all a lie answer this.

What motor mounts did you use?

HOW DID YOU RUN THE TRANNY LINKAGE?

What is the 460 out of?

How is the hood clearance?

How low does the front sit now?

Those are all simple easy questions that you SHOULD be able to answer. You were quick to post the AOD adapter but you cant explain the linkage? This is what I was trying to tell you at the start. WE NEED PROOF!

Quote from: coug460;262566
You have no idea how close i am.

:giggle: :burnout: Im sure a VTEC forum would welcome your "project story".

You dug your hole. You have to climb out. All you need is evidence!
1986 Cougar LS

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #72
Quote from: coug460;262570
Just so you know right know i ran a bracket from lokar and one of their cables i purchased them both from summit racing here are the links. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=LOK%2DSRK%2D4000&N=700+400015+115&autoview=sku

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=LOK%2DKDP%2D2AODHT&N=700+400015+4294851531+115&autoview=sku

Paul! :laughing:
1986 Cougar LS

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #73
Quote from: DVP;262573
So now its a mock up... Couldnt have said that before? Well if it a mock up then the motor is in the car. So if this not all a lie answer this.

What motor mounts did you use?

HOW DID YOU RUN THE TRANNY LINKAGE?

What is the 460 out of?

How is the hood clearance?

How low does the front sit now?

Those are all simple easy questions that you SHOULD be able to answer. You were quick to post the AOD adapter but you cant explain the linkage? This is what I was trying to tell you at the start. WE NEED PROOF!

:giggle: :burnout: Im sure a VTEC forum would welcome your "project story".

You dug your hole. You have to climb out. All you need is evidence!

:rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

The best part is I was just thinking the SAME THING!!!

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #74
So now you're looking up parts on Summit to appropriate your story? Wow dude you know how to dig it deep huh?