Skip to main content
Topic: My $50 Cougar! (Read 6793 times) previous topic - next topic

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #30
It would be easy to put pics on if i didnt have to borrow a camera from my sister every time, so i'm just making do with what i got for now. You'll all probably feel a little stupid once i get the pics on here. I just need to get my hands on a camera. One other thing some people need to do more research before they tell me that you can't bolt an AOD to a big block all you have to do is search the web and you'll find kits and complete crate trannies to bolt the AOD to a BBF. Just because someone on this forum hasn't posted anything on this topic yet doesn't mean that you can't do it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:burnout: :flame:
1987 Cougar LS w/460big block & AOD tranny
1992 Cougar XR7 Supercharged 3.8L V6
1987 Pontiac Firebird w/3.1 V6
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4
1988 AMC Eagle Wagon w/14000 mile crate 258 I-6
1931 Model A Pickup

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #31
I honestly dont know enough about cars at this point, to say yeah i have this or this, but im pretty sure my bbf has an aod too, ill post up some pics later, of my block and trans, and a small update on my progress.....
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #32
They never said you couldn't they just were confused by the statement. Honestly dude stop yanking us around, borrow a camera and post pics or just stop altogether. If you actually have it, great! I'm happy for you but this sounds fishy.

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #33
Just so you know i'm not here to be yanking you guy's around. It started out as just posting my pics and what i've done so far. If you look knowone really cared until 86XR7project started in on me yanking you guys around and it being fishy (Do u really have nothing better to do then google members and think you know exactly what your talking about when you don't even know me? I also don't see why you think that droping in a big block is a lot of progress for it being two months since i put that on the site. So if thats a lot of progress I wonder how long it takes you to do a brake job or an oil change?). It was never meant to turn out like this so you can believe me or not.
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4
1931 Model A Pickup

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #34
Quote from: coug460;262301
Just so you know i'm not here to be yanking you guy's around. It started out as just posting my pics and what i've done so far. If you look knowone really cared until 86XR7project started in on me yanking you guys around and it being fishy (Do u really have nothing better to do then google members and think you know exactly what your talking about when you don't even know me? I also don't see why you think that droping in a big block is a lot of progress for it being two months since i put that on the site. So if thats a lot of progress I wonder how long it takes you to do a brake job or an oil change?). It was never meant to turn out like this so you can believe me or not.

Alight, Im going to say this now before someone of power has to.

STOP!

This is too much BS. If you dont believe, dont. Wait for picture. That is what I am doing. If you want to talk shiznit go to a Mustang board. Everyone needs to calm down and stop assuming. You sir said nothing about an adapter so it was a perfectly reasonable claim to call you out on that since we have no pics yet. I dont care if your lying or not. If you are we will never get pics, you will never be trusted and probably end up banned. If your not then hopefully you will be good member to have around.

Until there are pics there is no need to keep calling BS. coug460 you also have to understand this has happened before. We are close knit here and are skeptical of new members that list things that dont work and dont explain how they did it.

I suggest everyone calm down and wait or the :locked: will be upon us.
1986 Cougar LS

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #35
Trust me  I will have pics, i'm sorry for everything but the thing is i don't like it when people assume that they know everything about me and the fact he went online and found stuff i forgot about and figured nothings changed in the last two months is just stupid. One more thing it sucks that knowone online can trust another person because some idiots decieded to have fun and screw with people. Sorry for not writing the one reply correctly the link i posted is what i'm usingin the cougar.
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4
1931 Model A Pickup

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #36
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #37
^^^^^^^wtf??? lol
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #38
Quote from: coug460;262331
Trust me  I will have pics, i'm sorry for everything but the thing is i don't like it when people assume that they know everything about me and the fact he went online and found stuff i forgot about and figured nothings changed in the last two months is just stupid. One more thing it sucks that knowone online can trust another person because some idiots decieded to have fun and screw with people. Sorry for not writing the one reply correctly the link i posted is what i'm usingin the cougar.

Sounds good man. No hard feelings. Like I said we have had some real "winners" join up. One that didnt even own the car he posted about.

Time tells all. I just hope that AOD stands up to the torque of the 460.

What are the specs on the 460? Planning on swapping tranny and rear anytime soon?
1986 Cougar LS

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #39
Quote from: V8Demon;262332

LOL!!!:rollin:
1986 Cougar LS

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #40
Wow, I throw the BS flag and you insult me? DVP said it best, we've seen this before and people lie on the internet, pics are the only verification. I never said you didn't do it, just that I doubted it. I never once insulted you dude. If you ever had a question that only I could answer (Not likely but possible all the same) do you think I'd want to when you resort to childish insults? I'm not that kind of guy, I'm just skeptical by nature. Sorry guys.

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #41
I'm think that going to stay with the AOD I think i'm going to get another one and have it completely built to take the power that i want to make with the 460 or buy a crate tranny later on. http://www.lentechautomatics.com/aodproducts.html make a whole lot of parts for them including crate trannys that can take up to 1500HP and 1000+LB/FT. Rear i haven't decieded but either a 8.8 or a 9in. Motor right now is a stock 87 4 barrel out of a super duty (only paid $20 at a car show because he didn't want to haul it home). I'd like to make it full roller and multi-port fuel injected but this is something thats going to happen over time.
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4
1931 Model A Pickup

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #42
That was going to a s yard? :eek: I think that would be considered a crime around here.

You guys and your unbelievable deals are making me depressed. That's a beautiful Cougar, man, no matter what the price was.

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #43
Quote from: 86XR7project;262336
Wow, I throw the BS flag and you insult me? DVP said it best, we've seen this before and people lie on the internet, pics are the only verification. I never said you didn't do it, just that I doubted it. I never once insulted you dude. If you ever had a question that only I could answer (Not likely but possible all the same) do you think I'd want to when you resort to childish insults? I'm not that kind of guy, I'm just skeptical by nature. Sorry guys.

One thing i hope you realise that pics can't be trusted either just because you post the pic doesn't make it true. I could go take a pic of my sister 95 cougar and say it was mine (does this mean that because i posted the pic it makes it true?) you guys would never of know.
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4
1931 Model A Pickup

My $50 Cougar!

Reply #44
Quote from: oldraven;262339
That was going to a s yard? :eek: I think that would be considered a crime around here.

You guys and your unbelievable deals are making me depressed. That's a beautiful Cougar, man, no matter what the price was.

I never thought that i would find the cougar i wanted for that price it was all a matter of the right place right time. The day after i bought it was when it was supposed to be sped. Luck Me:rollin:
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4
1931 Model A Pickup