Skip to main content
Topic: So......How was YOUR day? (Read 2531 times) previous topic - next topic

So......How was YOUR day?

'Cause mine flat out sucked.......

Behold:

This is directly below the 30 gallon fishtank in a bedroom on the main floor.  The canister filter return tube decided to spring a leak while my daughter was at school and I went to the gym......It managed to spew forth about 10 gallons before the power strip on the floor shorted out.  Notice the light outlet on the ceiling as well. 
That had a glass dome over the 2 bulbs that was full of water. 

Everything plugged into the powerstrip is useless and I have to replace those along with the light fixture in the pictures not to mention 4 pieces of 4' X 8' drywall and the soundproofing.
Then I have to re-tape, re-spackle, and paint.

THis string of horrendous things that have been occuring in my life have got to end at SOME point.... :shakehead
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #1
Apparently my day was better.Super busy,but better.Will insurance help?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
Not worth it.  Other than my time, I can do the house repairs for under $200 easily.  It's the time factor that will be the most annoying.
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #4
Very true.I've had issues at this house to deal with,and it wasn't really the money being spent to fix the damage that bothered me so much as it was the fact that it's going to take me a solid day to fix it.Time is often very hard for me to find.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
I don't think your aloud to get ahead, something always take priority.
It does suck!!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #6
Quote from: Kitz Kat;256630
I don't think your aloud to get ahead, something always take priority.
It does suck!!

No doubt.We got a check for $1200.00,then,our dryer quit,and we got the bill for our daughter's tuition.It really IS always something.

Reply #7

Reply #8
Lmfao!!!!!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #9
My day was definitely a lot better
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #10
Sheetrock, homasote, tape, spackle, new spackle knife (old one was gouged), drywall screws, new mixer -- $140...

Still have to get paint and a light fixture as I don't trust that old one.  Should be $40 more with that...

Reply #11
Today for me was ok.  Not so much for you, but I've been there before.
1987 TC

Reply #12
Paul, Is the the cost of Fuel going to get all of that in there too ?

Reply #13
Not bad for price, if you do it yourself.
I would probably charge about a grand just to fix the ceiling.
Paint and fixtures would be extra.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #14
Water damage sucks, but at least the wiring didn't start a fire.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)