Skip to main content
Topic: Looks like the days are numbered for my gray bird... (Read 3355 times) previous topic - next topic

Looks like the days are numbered for my gray bird...

Reply #15
it was too dark by the time i got by there today but ill get some pics!
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #16
car looks great from the outside, nice on the inside but underneath has a little bit to be desired. same price on it for the last 6 months and i know for a fact he is into it for around 2. he either owns it outright or its on consignment. it was for sale locally for 2300 before it showed up here.

~John~

Reply #17
i'm so glad i don't live on the cape anymore, i really enjoy the rust free cars here in florida :D
86 thunderbird elan

86 mustang coupe

Reply #18
is it me or what?
 i have notest that cars with good paint are all rusted out on the underside but the rust free car have paint that shot?
remember it easier to fix them, than to find them after they been crushed.

V6 = juvenile delinquency!

Reply #19
Quote from: shame302;256507
car looks great from the outside, nice on the inside but underneath has a little bit to be desired. same price on it for the last 6 months and i know for a fact he is into it for around 2. he either owns it outright or its on consignment. it was for sale locally for 2300 before it showed up here.

'83 TC....me likes....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #20
CHUCK!  I'm starting to think I need to paint my TC black. Eventually I will paint it the pastel desert sand but the factory paint is 400 a gallon. :(

Will you hate me?
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #21
'83 TC....me likes....
Yep. this car is one of 2 (the dark blue turbo coupe for sale on here) that i was considering before buying the silver mustang to replace the red one.

~John~

Reply #22
 that is a nice '83 TC...5 spd too.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #23
Quote from: blu84302;256528
CHUCK!  I'm starting to think I need to paint my TC black. Eventually I will paint it the pastel desert sand but the factory paint is 400 a gallon. :(

Will you hate me?

$400/gallon!?!?! (honestly I don't know if that is outrageous or not :p)

My opinion is that color is part of that car's appeal...It was one of the main reasons I bought it...it was unique. BUT, it's not my car any more. :toilet:
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #24
Okay, I think I'm over the black TC thing.  I agree with you on the appeal of the gold.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #25
Quote from: rancheronut;256521
is it me or what?
 i have notest that cars with good paint are all rusted out on the underside but the rust free car have paint that shot?

I must be the exception,  My paint was still fairly good (w/ a few ses and dings) but still had it almost perfect underneath too.  Picked mine up in harrisburg, pa though:D

88 t-bird tc - 14.97 @ 90  IHI 18 psi + k+n filter...so far - NOW HX-35 @25psi - 12.75@112    348rwhp/395rwtq
78 F-150 - 11.61@120 on 175shot N20 - 12.55@110 on motor - 5200# race weight:hick:

Reply #26
The paint and underside of mine was pretty bad but when you buy 2 Cougars for $150 what do you expect? What I wasn't expecting to find was the 85 XR7 had only 86K miles.

Reply #27
Quote from: rancheronut;256521
is it me or what?

I've noticed that at times. I think the southern sun bakes them more than the north salt festival.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #28
That's a sharp looking car but I'm very leary of things that've been painted... too many bad experiences with body work. I'd rather find something solid with a billion miles that needs some paint and a drivetrain...

Reply #29
don't blame you. it caught my eye and figured id throw it your way. i will keep an eye out.

~John~