Skip to main content
Topic: The Sport's small video.... (Read 5354 times) previous topic - next topic

The Sport's small video....

Reply #30
Quote from: vinnietbird;255517
The tires were spinning.These tires don't leave a lot of rubber,nor leave a lot of smoke.It's like Kitz said early on,Rikenes are like that.I was actually let down on the firt burnout I did with them.

Shifting like a lesbian?Show me your video Sprayin88cat so I can see how the pros do it.

When time allows,we'll give it another shot.

fyi,i never said i was a pro...but your shifting skills lack

Reply #31
Whats your point?  he didnt post the video to be razzed about his shifting.  he doesnt race it soi it doesnt matter how good he shifts as long as he enjoys the ride.

here is how you do a burnout Vin:
3rd gear on the line lock: :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzywBZe7Tdw&feature=channel

me running through the gears in my cougar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyBE1OrGZ4U&feature=channel

Reply #32
Hey sprayin, you show two different vids with different cars,
I'm far from impressed with your skills. I'm sure vinnie will make it up to you soon.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #33
What gets me about the Rikens is the car go's straight, no lost time.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #34
it vinnie!!!!! that makes me want to hurry up and get the Coug' done
'83 Cougar *the never ending project* warmed over 306 v8,c4,8.8 posi with 5 lug conversion
'91 mustang strictly street-in progress
'00 f150 7700-Mean Green: jet stage 1 chip,ported upper intake with 1" spacer,'04 Super Duty intake with injectors,summit racing short tube headers with true 2.5" duals with smithy's glasspacks!

Reply #35
Sprayin88cat....I didn't know it was a "how to shift through all the gears" thread.No-one told me.I CAN row through the gears.I was simply spinning the tires and having a little fun so I could get this tiny video posted.Easy and simple.It's being made into a bigger thing than it was meant to be.I appreciate the time you took to tell me about my shifting skills.Next time I'm out for a spin,I'll remember your words and try to shift more to your liking.If you really need a better show of my shifting abilities,I'll try to make that happen for you.Also,when you're shifting for speed,it's a LITTLE different than shifting to spin the tires.Thanks again.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #36
Doesn't matter anyway Vinnie, your car is awesome!!! Sounds great, and looks great.:burnout:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #37
Vinnie, at least with your burnout vid we didn't have to listen to that god awful music in sprayin88cat's video (which was not all that impressive, I didn't realize this was a competition).  Your shifting skills are more than adequate as far as i'm concerned!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #38
Actually sounds like he power shifted it or speed shifted it or something, since clearly it winds up for an instant before the shift. Soooo vinnie still wins LOL

And yea thats not the point here the point of that vid was to make smoke and be as OBNOXIOUS as possible. :evilgrin:  Mission accomplished.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #39
lol,you guys are all British cigarettes...

its no wonder these cars have the rep that they do haha

internets is serious bidness!!!

it was never a competition,it was mainly more or less a joke,he told me to post a vid...so i posted one {afterall,he did ask] BUT,i can accept criticism...i mean,afterall...this is just a message forum on the INTERNET. a few people talking shiznit about a video i made to test out a camera mount,when i was SHIFTING LIKE A LESBIAN,isnt going to hurt my feelings,OR, shiznit talking my shifting in my 88 1le iroc...WHILE holding the camera, shifting, steering...yep im so HURT!

vinnie,before the other nutswingers in this thread keep swingin from the vine,i will say this...i like your car,i hate the color however...as far as the shifting like a lesbian comment...it was more or less a joke.

to the nutswingers who carry on posting,stfu,and get a life.

Reply #40
Quote from: ZondaC12;255595
Actually sounds like he power shifted it or speed shifted it or something, since clearly it winds up for an instant before the shift. Soooo vinnie still wins LOL
if you think that was speed shifting,or powershifting... your an idiot.

Reply #41
Quote from: sprayin88cat;255608
lol,you guys are all British cigarettes...

its no wonder these cars have the rep that they do haha

internets is serious bidness!!!

it was never a competition,it was mainly more or less a joke,he told me to post a vid...so i posted one {afterall,he did ask] BUT,i can accept criticism...i mean,afterall...this is just a message forum on the INTERNET. a few people talking shiznit about a video i made to test out a camera mount,when i was SHIFTING LIKE A LESBIAN,isnt going to hurt my feelings,OR, shiznit talking my shifting in my 88 1le iroc...WHILE holding the camera, shifting, steering...yep im so HURT!

vinnie,before the other nutswingers in this thread keep swingin from the vine,i will say this...i like your car,i hate the color however...as far as the shifting like a lesbian comment...it was more or less a joke.

to the nutswingers who carry on posting,stfu,and get a life.

see it even sounds like you don't care. With the whole stfu and get a life at the end. You really can take it. I watched your mustang video.  I think it be more fun to watch my grandma park a metro, and it would have been over quicker. I probably would have gotten cookies as well. I like cookies.

He was spinning the tires. As far as I can tell he didn't even really shift gears, just gave it alittle bit of gas and clutch, then let off alittle bit. so really your the moron that runs all around town not spinning tires, and then talking shiznit because your "iroc" cant.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #42
Quote from: Haystack;255615
see it even sounds like you don't care. With the whole stfu and get a life at the end. You really can take it. I watched your mustang video.  I think it be more fun to watch my grandma park a metro, and it would have been over quicker. I probably would have gotten cookies as well. I like cookies.

He was spinning the tires. As far as I can tell he didn't even really shift gears, just gave it alittle bit of gas and clutch, then let off alittle bit. so really your the moron that runs all around town not spinning tires, and then talking shiznit because your "iroc" cant.
lol,you think spinning tires is a judge of quickness? hahaha...

and no,i really couldnt care less about opinions/criticisms...

FYI,my mustang was on 28x10.5 et drags,and it spun when i punched it in second gear...and my iroc was on a 275 drag radial, all original 305 tpi/5spd world class...it was a 13.70 car on motor...handles like a slotcar,wasnt built from the factory to go fast in a straight line...

i suggest you go educate your self on whats cool,to me,you seem to have the mentality of a ricer...

your right,tractions gay,spinning tires is MUCH cooler...

heres a few pics from the track...

Reply #43
Leave the forum. You're a tool with a chip on your shoulder. No one cares about your mustang, your camaro, or your attitude. Take it somewhere else. We don't like you.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #44
Quote from: Tbird232ci;255622
Leave the forum. You're a tool with a chip on your shoulder. No one cares about your mustang, your camaro, or your attitude. Take it somewhere else. We don't like you.
i wasnt aware that i needed to be liked,or that i needed to give a shiznit about your opinion...

hows this,i dont like you...its also rather ballsy of you to use the word "WE"...not everyones a nut swinger... if none of you can handle it,kiss my ass.

does it change the fact if i say i own a COUGAR?! omg!

come spring ill have shots of the cougar racing...