Skip to main content
Topic: Is it snowing where you are? (Read 2865 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it snowing where you are?

I hate this stuff.....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #1
Quote from: V8Demon;249603
I hate this stuff.....

It snowed a few inches yesterday, so it wasn't too bad. I actually like the snow, I just don't like having to store the nice cars until May.  :mad:
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #2
:sorry: V8Demon....but we haven't had any snow at all so far this winter. :poke:

Reply #3
Snow?

Reply #4
just cleared about 2 feet this morning again
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #5
it only made it to 70 today... brrrr, but we're expecting 75-80 for the next week :rollin:

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Reply #6
i guess were expecting 8-12". its been snowing all day. f. u. old man winter.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #7
It's not snowing here... yet. The forecast calls for a  of a storm overnight and tomorrow though:

Quote from: Environment Canada weather forecast
Hants County
3:53 PM AST Wednesday 31 December 2008
Blizzard warning for
Hants County

This is a warning that blizzard conditions with near-zero visibilities are expected in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

...Major winter storm to give blizzard conditions to Nova Scotia later tonight and Thursday...

A deepening low pressure system southeast of Cape Cod late this afternoon will continue to intensify as it tracks northeastward. The low will continue to intensify as it tracks parallel to the Nova Scotia coast tonight and will lie near Sable Island Thursday morning. The low will move east of Cape Breton later Thursday afternoon as a very intense winter storm.

Snow from this system has already moved into southwestern Nova Scotia as of late this afternoon and will spread northeastward to the remainder of the province this evening. Snow will become heavy at times tonight..And this combined with strengthening northeast winds will give occasional near zero visibilities in snow and blowing snow. Snow will ease off over western Nova Scotia Thursday morning but will persist over the eastern mainland and Cape Breton until late in the day. Total snowfall amounts of 15 to 25 centimetres are likely over western sections of the province...While the rest of the mainland could receive 25 to 40 centimetres with locally higher amounts possible especially over eastern areas. Cape Breton will likely see between 30 and 50 centimetres with locally 60 centimetres possible in some areas before snow tapers to flurries Thursday evening.

Strong northeasterly winds will develop as the low approaches tonight then shift to very strong northerly winds Thursday morning as the low passes southeast of the province. Mainland Nova Scotia will likely see wind gusts of 80 to 100 km/h with locally higher gusts possible over some exposed locations. Cape Breton will see wind gusts to 100 km/h with some exposed areas possibly gusting to near 120 km/h on Thursday. These very strong winds will give widespread blowing snow and white out conditions...As well as cold wind chill values...To much of Nova Scotia on Thursday. Winds will ease somewhat over southwestern Nova Scotia Thursday afternoon but strong winds and blizzard conditions will persist over eastern sections until late Thursday evening or Friday morning.

In addition..Higher than normal waters levels can be expected Thursday afternoon and evening for the Northumberland coast of mainland Nova Scotia and the northwest and northeast coasts of Cape Breton. Between Cape George and cape north..Including st. Georges bay..These high water levels combined with heavy pounding surf could give local coastal flooding during high tide later on Thursday and Thursday night.

I bolded and italicized the figures that apply to my region of the province. For those metrically challenged, that's 10-16" of snow driven by 40-60MPH winds. daminc and shame302, this is likely the storm you guys had.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #8
I have no problem sharing with everyone
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #9
Snowed a little and the sun came out and melted it.
But the winds really picked up.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #10
its been snowing up in mass all day. Probably about 6-8 inches. I've been inside all day. :) My puppy has been keeping me company.

Reply #11
Hey snow is just great when you somthing to play with in the snow

Reply #12
Um, no it didn't snow today.  But it did get above zero, so I guess it possibly could have.
1987 TC

Reply #13
Nope NO SNOW HERE in Branson Mo area! Snow sucks and I can live without it! Just wish there was some when I woke up Christmas morn and gone by noon! LOL Sucks to here about your Snow plight.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #14
No snow here.

Just mowed a neighbor's yard this afternoon. Hmm.....