Skip to main content
Topic: Is it snowing where you are? (Read 2866 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it snowing where you are?

Reply #15
You guys finally got our storm. We got around 2 feet over all. We got about 6 inches at the start, then it warmed up and rained all over everything, then snowed another foot or so. Its mostly gone now, but it should snow tommorrow.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #16
Hey, Jerry If you know how much shipping will cost I'll take about 3 inches. LOL (J/K) :evilgrin:

Reply #17
Quote from: andrew beedle;249656
Hey snow is just great when you somthing to play with in the snow

I dunno about that. I had something to play with in the snow, in fact I had two things (actually, at my peak I had six snowmobiles, but thinned the herd down to these two):

Snowmobiles made winter tolerable, but they certainly didn't make it "great". Especially when I got the Formula stuck in three feet of snow one night at about midnight. Took me two hours to dig it out. When gashiznit five bucks a gallon last winter I sold 'em.

I even made something up to make winter a bit more tolerabe:

Beats the hell out of shoveling, but still doesn't make me like it.

Yeah, I'm bitter. I wanna drive my T-Bird and salt is preventing that :burnout:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #18
I have not got mine stuck this year. At least not yet. I got it buried good once and then bought a new track and suspension. Now it floats quite well over the deep stuff and even water. I could use a little more horsepower though. I have had that 440 XCR for about 4 years and winter has been fun ever since.

Reply #19
The problem with that Formula wasn't power (it had plenty of that), it was weight. No matter how fast you go, if you hit heavy snow you'd go under it, not over it. The track was like new, the suspension was all rebuilt, and the skis were new plastic ones. It was even the long track model, which shouldn't sink. Didn't help - it wasn't a snowmobile, it was a submarine. That's actually why I hung onto the Everest - it was so light I could break trail with it (or let one of my friends ride it ahead of me to break trail).
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #20
Elan FTW!
1987 TC

Reply #21
The XRC is very light but my buddy has a yamaha vmaxx 4. That thing is like a lead rock. It goes fast as hell in a straight line though

Reply #22
We've had nothing ice here so far this winter. I'd rather have snow!

Reply #23
Snow is only fun for drifting.....
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #24
Quote from: DerikWayne;249697
We've had nothing ice here so far this winter. I'd rather have snow!

I'd rather have 85º and sunny....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #25
Nope.

no snow here
5 Mopars, an S-197, and the Turbo Twinkie[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #26
F U Winter!!!

For the SECOND time today, it is snowing.....
The first was this morning which after that bout, I shoveled and cleaned all the cars.  This included spray waxing and detailing the Cougar.... It WAS spotless....

I knew it was gonna snow later in the week, but I figured maybe I could get a good photoshoot before it happened with the new D-SLR camera I recently purchased.  Instead I have this:

you winter,  you to hell.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #28
We got another 1-2 today. That's a total of about 8 inches all winter so far.

Reply #29
nope its close to 60 above today!
remember it easier to fix them, than to find them after they been crushed.

V6 = juvenile delinquency!