Skip to main content
Topic: 20th anniversary Cougar or '85 Fila (Read 1987 times) previous topic - next topic

20th anniversary Cougar or '85 Fila

Reply #15
You guys should see the Anniversary Cougar that my parents have. Never winter driven, only about 50k miles and the only thing not stock is the tires and the battery. Still smells new inside!

Reply #16
Quote from: Royce 67/87/97;249207
and by the way ZondaC12 & 20thanniv-ls... You guys already DO have low-mileage Anniversary Cougars! :hick:

Hahahaha yes I forget that you've driven yours all over creation!!!

And stvrrr, take some PICS and post em up!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #17
Quote from: grutinator;249215
does anyone know the production numbers of the two cars? or how much they cost new? that should give a better idea as far as actual value(like to someone who didnt know anything about these cars) then people on here who have theyre own personal opinions and expiriences. some people like 4 eyes, some dont, but idk if that actually adds value to the car. you know?

There were only 5002 20th cougars made. I can't find numbers on the 85 bird.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #18
Quote from: pro-five-oh;249126
I expect the Anniversary cars (tbird or cougar) will be more valuable than any of the others in the future, but I don't care...the 1985 Fila is a cooler car in my book.

My sentiments exactly and Paul is right, it depends on who you ask.

Personally if I had to choose between two cars and could only purchase one, I would choose the one that stirs my soul the most. I could care less how much it might be worth someday. The next "toy" car I buy will be the same as my Cougar, a lifetime purchase.
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built