Skip to main content
Topic: AOD trans build (Read 831 times) previous topic - next topic

AOD trans build

i would like to build an AOD trans that should handle about 400-450 ft lbs of tq.  i am curious as to what internals i should upgrade.  i figure on using a hardend input shaft and racing clutches.  i am planning on using a full manual revers pattern valve body. what is the next weakest  link inside the trans???
86 t-bird 226k miles and blown transmission

AOD trans build

Reply #1
Here's one place to read, try searching  for a answer it was asked many times.
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=20901
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

AOD trans build

Reply #2
sorry will do alot more searching next time
86 t-bird 226k miles and blown transmission

AOD Questions

Reply #3
If you have any questions about AOD's, do yourself a HUGE favor and visit http://www.clickclickracing.com/forums/

A guy in that forum named Dan, who goes by the screen name "Siverfox" has to be the most knowledgeable AOD builder I've ever seen.  He can answer any question about AOD's you might have.

Go to the "General Click Click Tech" forum.  That's the forum dedicated to AOD's.  There's some good reading in there.  Enjoy!
William

AOD trans build

Reply #4
Dan is the BEST to talk to about the AOD
hes creating a custom rebuild kit for me with VB and many other parts, and his buddys at dirty dog performance are gonna be doing my torque converter
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07