Skip to main content
Topic: Can you spot the difference? (BETTER PICS updated page 1) (Read 1828 times) previous topic - next topic

Can you spot the difference? (BETTER PICS updated page 1)

Dad and I worked on fixing a pretty big...well, mostly annoying issue with the Tbird that has popped up after the last couple of changes to it.  See if you can tell what it is!

Before:

After:

More pics here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v173/kingcars/calendar%20pics/

I sure hope you can all tell the difference now!!!

Reply #1
NICE. Definitely x2 on the last pic. That works great. As you said, the wheels really do fit the car now.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #2
spacers behind the rear wheels.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #3
Quote from: gumby;241267
spacers behind the rear wheels.

I would have to agree

Reply #4
He should take care of this but I'll do it for him :D

Nope, aint that. Look at the first pic he posted, then the last one. Only look at those two. :D
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #5
Quote from: kingcars;241252
Dad and I worked on fixing a pretty big...well, mostly annoying issue with the Tbird that has popped up after the last couple of changes to it.  See if you can tell what it is!

Sorry for the bad quality After pics.  I'll get some better pics once I get access to the better digi cam.

O man I cant wait to see it this summer on my road trip!!
It looks AMAZING!! Good job man!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #6
still dont see it. i still love this car though
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #7
Aww, come on folks.  I haven't even seen the car in person for months, but it's OBVIOUS what he's done to it.

He repainted the upper intake!

Looks mucho bettero, dude!  :rollin:
A car enthusiast with no car.

I love the smell of gas after it's been voraciously ingested and angrily spat out by a snarling big block fed by 8 barrels of carburetion.
I love the sinister cacophony bellowing from its dual exhaust while snacking on lesser engines.
And such a vicious monstrosity will one day answer the commands of my right foot.

:burnout:

Reply #8
Good looking car,but I can't see what you've done.What is it?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #9
Sorry for the lackluster pics, guys.  This before and after should clear things up:

Before:

After:

You guys are on the right track with rear spacers, but kinda thinking the wrong way around.

Reply #10
I still don't see it. What is it?

Reply #11
you washed it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #12
I guess nobody has noticed the ~1.5 inches removed from the front tire to fender clearence ;)

It's ok, though, I still havent been able to get a SINGLE clear picture of the car since we finished and the only camera around is horrible compared to the normal one I use.

Take a look at these pics:

Note the HUGE gap between front tire and fender.

Now note the same gap in this pic:

Or this pic, if you can see the gap:

Reply #13
I guess it's hard to tell with so much black in that area with the pics being from different heights and angles

But I guess I can see the difference now that you mention it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #14
Yeah the py digi cam isn't helping.  Tomorrow I should be able to use the good one and it'll be much clearer (and i'll get to take pics in the afternoon!).