Skip to main content
Topic: Got my header panel and grill thanks FordTruckFreak (Read 2855 times) previous topic - next topic

Got my header panel and grill thanks FordTruckFreak

Edit a little late but still cut him some slack pics soon.

He got money on the 8th and its the 26th and i still don't have a header panel and grill to fix my T-Bird.

I have lost my hope and motivation for getting the car fixed anytime soon.

i sent him $75 but i would either like $70 sent back to me or my header panel and grill for my 88 T-Bird. if i get either one of these soon i will change my mind and the whole negative thing.

Sent him a PM a few days back still have heard nothing and got nothing except 1+ point on my market place rating YAY.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #1
No offense kid, but i think your overreacting. Yeah its been a couple of weeks, but didn't you also flip out when Vinnietbird didnt send you something right away? you ended up getting it didn't you? Not everyone can run right out to mail something, be patient.

Reply #2
i will wait 30 whole days form the time he got the money. Sorry i am used to summit racing,UPR,Vortech,50resto for parts i know stuff takes time sent him a pm a few days back. I am sorry i am on a timeline for all this stuff moving out soon don't need to spend a lot of extra money but if i get it quick i can get it fixed for $250 color matched and everything. I know cars are not made or fixed overnight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #3
Quote from: jpc647;240440
No offense kid, but i think your overreacting. Yeah its been a couple of weeks, but didn't you also flip out when Vinnietbird didnt send you something right away? you ended up getting it didn't you? Not everyone can run right out to mail something, be patient.

+1

Did you ever think that maybe he's been busy? 

As per his profile....

Last Activity: 10-15-2008 12:29 PM

That would mean that if you sent him a PM, he hasn't read it.  You couldn't take the time to check that!?

Here's his profile page with AIM and e-mail contact info:
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/member.php?u=103

Try all methods of contacting him --or anybody for that matter -- and have some patience before you blast away at that person.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #4
I'm still waiting on a part from him as well.  Give it at least 30 days before you post something like this.  This isn't ebay, you can't expect IMMEDIATE shipping.
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!

Reply #5
Quote from: amooset;240510
I'm still waiting on a part from him as well.  Give it at least 30 days before you post something like this.  This isn't ebay, you can't expect IMMEDIATE shipping.

Nor should you on eBay, but sadly, people do. Used to be when you saw something advertised mail order you'd accept the fact that you will have to wait for your item. Thanks to eBay, people think that when they click "pay" their CD ROM tray will open and the item will pop right out of their computer. At the very least they think you're sitting in front of the computer with your car outside with the engine running, just waiting for them to buy so you can rush right to the post office and send the item overnight express (even though they paid $5 for basic ground shipping, or didn't pay for shipping at all).

The internet has made millions of mail order shoppers out of people who just shouldn't be mail order shoppers. You have your choice: Instant gratification, significant money savings, or finding something nobody else has for sale. You can't have all three.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #6
Go back about 10 years ago I loved LEGOs and was always wanting new sets to build new things especially the Technic ones with motors and stuff (DUH lol) and I distinctly remember (and being dismayed but having no choice but to put up with it) "please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery" so yeah LOL
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #7
From someone that ships alot let me explain something.You know that it probably cost that much to ship a header panel,if not more.Plus he has to pack it up in away that it will get there in 1 piece,not easy to do.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #8
I for one agree with Carpimp, he should have at least heard something(this assumes seller hasn't fallen into a hole)... Don't go selling parts if you're not going to ship them within a week, or at least state "I'll ship when I feel like it", so the buyer knows what to expect...

Reply #9
I've bought a few things from him in the past and never had a problem. His prices were more than reasonable and the shipping was no problem.

I would assume something might have happened to him that is keeping him away from the Intarwebs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #10
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;240672
I for one agree with Carpimp, he should have at least heard something(this assumes seller hasn't fallen into a hole)... Don't go selling parts if you're not going to ship them within a week, or at least state "I'll ship when I feel like it", so the buyer knows what to expect...

well said,
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #11
Quote from: 347Thunder;240677
well said,

x3

seems odd of fordtruckfreak but imho, do we know for a fact fordtruckfreak has "aknowledged" the sale?    A market place feedback might seem to answer the question but thats a maybe.

atleast stay in touch with eachother once in a while. 

Im not one to talk though, ill sit around and totally forget about some little do hicky i ordered then it gets here and im like,, oh yeah,, i did order that.

Reply #12
Meh...food for thought.  I live in NY.  Vinnie lives in OK.  Whenever he has shipped me something -- always small items under 10 pounds -- through the USPS it has taken an average of 9 DAYS from when he shipped it.  Granted, Missouri and Texas are closer than NY & OK...

he should have at least heard something

Perhaps, but with the contact info provided in FTF's profile greater attempts to contact FTF could have been made rather than just a PM to an account which has shown not to be accessed in over 10 days...
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #13
UPS lost all of sonic's checks and i got mine 1 day late normally get it 3-4 days before that.

checks are to be no later than the 7th and 22nd 1st time in over 3 years we got our checks on the 23rd to even think i may be a little mad at him is a joke but still for the fact he saided to ship FedEX will cost $25 and i get $50 for the part which is not much but FedEX costs money and he told me that before i sent him his Money. Sometimes i can order  off ebay and i have seen it show up that same week or start of the next so if its 1 person selling or a company selling even off Ebay i have never waited for .

If this goes on past 30days don't think i forgot about you send me $60 so i can buy fallout 3 for XBOX360 so i got something i can look at and get lost in my room and not give a  about anything also if i get this week $10 gift card at curcuit city that would almost feel like i got my money back or something of worth. Even if it does not fix my car i would not even make you pay for borrowing the money.

I want to get my car fixed so i can make me proud and every last one of you that it would look nice and be fixed again or i want something to take this off my mind.

You can't win on every deal i can afford to lose a few dollars but to lose $75 and waste my time trying to get prices on getting it fixed and go by peoples car body shops and waste their time to and to waste time for whoever the hell looked it this thread and post on it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #14
If you can't post some kind of timeline or at least PM something that says i was on my PC and i sent the package on the "Oregon trail wagon i would like to know" or i sent it UPS or FEDEX or DHL or on a Plane.

Last of all V8Demon i sent the money on the 8th and has not been on since the 15th where is my Tracking #.

I would of paided $100 for it and gave him $50 insted of the $25 for shipping the money did not matter to much in 1st place just now i miss it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]