Skip to main content
Topic: 340hp SVT..... Fusion??? (Read 2246 times) previous topic - next topic

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #15
The main reason the V8 will never die in the Mustang is because of the drag racing crowd. Even the guys with dyno queens. They buy a GT to modify it. For the stocker crowd, this TTV6 will be a blessing. To the guys who have been building 800hp Mustangs for years, this will be a boon. The TTV6 will already be using up much of its potential right off the lot, while N/A V8's are sitting and waiting for someone to double its output.

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #16
You can get one of those. They call them RS4's

True, but I meant with a Ford badge and at a price not halfway to the moon ;)

Another half-assed attempt from marketing IMHO.....

The main reason the V8 will never die in the Mustang is because of the drag racing crowd. Even the guys with dyno queens. They buy a GT to modify it.

Don't forget road racers.  The new chassis is gaining popularity in that department.  Also maybe it's just where I live, but more than half the S-197's I encounter have SOME type of drivetrain modification, but as you said for the average guy a TTV6 WILL suffice even for those who will do minor mods....Hopefully they are smart enough to set up the block and internals to handle a good amount more boost than they set them at from the factory.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #17
I drove one of these Fusion's 2 years ago.  Car was bad-ass.  IF they do go ahead with it, it will please most people.

I, too, am a V-8 drag racer, but would not mind this as my daily driver...
1988 Turbo Coupe

Coming soon to NMRA Drag Radial... :burnout:

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #18
Bring on the fast Fusion.  I still wish that I had purchased an SVT Contour when they were new.  It would have made for a good commuter vehicle.
Robert

- too many '80s Capris and mid-'70s Cougars

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #20
They need some EcoBoost 5.4's in the Mustang...lol...go pick on 600+hp Corvettes.
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #21
Well, it ain't a Ford, but I'd REALLY like to have one of these ....

http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/challenger/gallery/

Reminds me of the old days of Mopar.
:birdsmily:
(X2) '86 Thunderbird, 3.8L CFI, C5 Tranny

'92 F-150, 5.0L EFI (SD), M5OD Tranny, 3.08 Dif

'70 VW Beetle, 1780cc, twin Solex 43's.