Skip to main content
Topic: 340hp SVT..... Fusion??? (Read 2287 times) previous topic - next topic

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-to-give-fusion-sedan-the-svt-treatment-ecoboost-power.html

Ford’s next-generation EcoBoost engine will power an SVT-tuned Ford Fusion sedan, today’s reports allege. Dubbed the Fusion GT, the car will sport all wheel drive and an estimated 340 horsepower from the turbocharged, direct-injected 3.7-liter V6 when it launches in late 2009 or early 2010.

The car would be the fourth to see a version of the EcoBoost engine in Ford’s line-up, as Motor Trend reports it will debut in the Lincoln MKS next year, followed by the Ford Flex and its Lincoln MKR luxury version in various states of tune. The rumored ratings go as far as 415 horsepower for the EcoBoost V6, and the engine will be used in place of V8s. A four-cylinder engine flying the EcoBoost flag will replace V6s in Ford vehicles.

The Fusion GT is meant to be an affordable Audi S4, though prices have not been announced. The Fusion would likely take the place of the previously rumored Ford Taurus ST, which would be powered by the same engine. Like the ST, an all-wheel drive system will put the generous amounts of power to the ground, this one sourced from Haldex. A six speed automatic transmission with manual shift control will connect the engine and AWD system.

Related EcoBoost news include a four-cylinder turbo engine powering the Fusion and a Focus GT as soon as 2010. The same V6 meant for the hot Fusion would be the top engine option in an upcoming small pick-up truck, dubbed the F-100.
The inline-four is also likely to find its way under the hood of the Edge crossover, while plans for a EcoBoost V6 Mustang — the first longitudinal application of the engine — is suspended.

:hick:

Motor Trend rendering

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #1
Friggin awesome, and i thought that SVT was dissolved. I would defintaly trade the 99 in for a Turbo Ford Focus Gt or hell even the Fusion.Now is time to see if they will do the right thing like dodge did with the SRT 4 and offer dealer installed turbo upgrade packages.

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #2
Sweet! I really really like the Fusion line. Maybe one day they will offer  the V6 AWD version with a manual. The current S4 comes with a 6-Speed manny and a V8, although there are rumors that the B8 is going back to the TT V6. I would love to get my hands on a B5 S4. *drools*
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #3
they better do that
that is freaking shagy
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #4
Anyone know of a rendered 1987 or 1988 thunderbird like the fusion?

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #5
sounds good looks not to shabby. .... now how much will it cost.????
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #6
that fusions are nice to drive but with 340hp i will almost be sold on the car if i had the money to get one and still keep my cars now but the new TV ad for the Lincoln MKS seems like a very nice looking ride also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #7
Interesting enough...

Still scares me about the "V8 replacement" comments though.
1988 Cougar LS 5.0 (currently parting out):cougarsmily:
1989 Mustang LX Notch 2.3 (Project):ford:

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #8
Man I've been thinking about a Fusion when I buy a car in about a year. That would bump it higher up on my list......;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #9
Quote from: GREYSHADOW;226433

Still scares me about the "V8 replacement" comments though.

Why?
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #10
Quote from: Chuck W;226453
Why?

Because anything below gas guzzling V8's are inferior :dunno:

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #11
I have no problem with the Ecoboost.  The V8 will never die completely - so long as the internal combustion engine is powering the majority of automobiles, but it's use will be limited in the near future.

My issue is with the fact that the Fusion is a rental car.....I find the look of the car, well YAWN.  Give me something that can compete with - oh IDK - an Audi A4 as far as interior feel, layout, and overall looks with that motor.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #12
Quote from: V8Demon;226471
I have no problem with the Ecoboost.  The V8 will never die completely - so long as the internal combustion engine is powering the majority of automobiles, but it's use will be limited in the near future.

I dont have any problem with a V6 that can make 340 horses, i believe as long as the Mustang is around Ford will still use V8's in them at very least.

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #13
Quote from: V8Demon;226471

My issue is with the fact that the Fusion is a rental car.....I find the look of the car, well YAWN.  Give me something that can compete with - oh IDK - an Audi A4 as far as interior feel, layout, and overall looks with that motor.

You can get one of those. They call them RS4's. ;)

340hp SVT..... Fusion???

Reply #14
the EcoBoost sounds awesome and the V8 will never die because i will always keep my cougar and T-bird and i really would not mind having a 3rd V8 car. But it is nice ford is finally making good power out of there V6s one of the nicest cars to this day is still a V6 Turbo Buick Grand National so its not a new concept hell the 2.3L SVO ran good with a turbo i can't wait to see what ford can do with a V6 Turbo set-up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily: