Skip to main content
Topic: Newbee with 1985 t-bird turbo coupe project (Read 3051 times) previous topic - next topic

Newbee with 1985 t-bird turbo coupe project

Reply #45
BTW is this the car that was on atlanta's craigslist a few weeks ago?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #47
Quote from: d-bird;219721
Yes it was here is the link it is still up

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/641266891.html

Thats what i thought good score for the money
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #48
It was just up the road from us and we did not rush after it was on there for a week plus CL sells stuff but sometimes give away deals are the only stuff that moves fariley quick on there!

Reply #49
A much better father-son team in this thread. This gets results.

Reply #50
Quote from: d-bird;219716
thanks anyway i think im better off with my t-bird it was a score

:( ...lets:deal:.....:D
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

Reply #51
well guys tonight we had some fun taking the passenger door panel off my lord it was difficult oh well its good we have that nice insulation for a smooth ride. hey does any body no if they make outer door belt moldings aka due wipes if so let me no. well we took the door panel off to get to the window motor the gears are stripped so we got to put a new motor in it UGH!!!

Reply #52
Welcome d-bird!

I just checked out that craigslist link.... what a nice car and for the price! Wow!

No matter what you decide to go with under the hood, this car will still be awesome (hehe... I confess, I am partial to the V8).

Enjoy this pursuit, work on the car, spend the next couple of years doing everything you want and everything right and when you start driving this car will mean even more to you than you could even know now.

At least that is how it started for me... I spent about two years working on Cougar A before I even got my licence... I already loved the car... then I started driving it, and I loved it even more... then I blew the V6 and I cried all night. Working on that car was also a father-son team. This started me right off...
hehe, last year I bought a 88 XR7 (with my V8! :D ), did all the work myself and I didn't know it was possible, but I love that car more than love itself (okay, I'm just a little wierd :hick: )

My point is... welcome aboard, you gotta great car there... enjoy it and do what you want. Everybody here has an opinion, but where it gets good is most of us here actually know alot of stuff about these fox cars! I owe this site quite a lot with all the tidbits of info I've picked up.

:mercury: :cougarsmily: :ford: :birdsmily:

CougarXLS
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

Reply #53
Quote from: d-bird;219721
Yes it was here is the link it is still up

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/641266891.html

:hick: :hick: HA! I almost considered picking that one up myself! I found an '86 closer to home for $800 instead!

Very nice buy! :cool: Welcome to the forum!