Skip to main content
Topic: Fox tbirdcougarforums.com (Read 1590 times) previous topic - next topic

Fox tbirdcougarforums.com

now private

Sometimes I’m not signed in and just come to the board to read and now I cant its all private now why is this.
I have to sign in every time.

admin please put now private in title

Reply #1
I noticed this too when I linked my friend to a thread in here.  Interesting. 

Do we get a member's only jacket???  :mullet:

Reply #2
I'm guessing so we don't get spammers.... but I have no idea really. LOL
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #3
Doesn't make any difference to me. I saw the post about it in the other thread.

Although, if it's going to stay this way, I'd change the wording on the index to let visitors know they need to register to view all content.

Reply #4
I don't like it

Reply #5
Is it the first step before having to pay dues.....

:bricks1:
===85BIRD===
:birdsmily:

Reply #6
no guys we just thought it would be better to become a super secret courar tbird cult......if you all serve me ..the mighty bearawolf i will grant you a gold cougar and 107 virgins and you'r very own plantet in the end......and if you act now i will double you'r prize in the end...ooops i really dont know why but i like it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #7
Paying dues is NEVER a priority here. That had nothing to do with it.
Please see this thread for the details. I'm sure Carm will be along to give his side of the story as well...

Reply #8
Quote from: BEARMAX;218793
no guys we just thought it would be better to become a super secret courar tbird cult......if you all serve me ..the mighty bearawolf i will grant you a gold cougar and 107 virgins and you'r very own plantet in the end......and if you act now i will double you'r prize in the end...ooops i really dont know why but i like it

I want a black 5.0 Cougar, kthnx :mullet:
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #9
If it's private, do guests sign in too as guest?
Before I first joined, I couldn't view pics unless I was a registered user. but now you could.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #10
Coming from a habitual lurker (I check the board about 4-5 times a day), I don't mind the privateness one bit.  Just means that I have to log in more often to show that I'm still alive.
'86 cougar gone to the big yard.
'86&'88 Jeep Comanches.

Reply #11
To Quote Carm:

"I'm thinking I might change the board settings so that people must log in to view the board, or see if I can at least limit the number of guests to 10 or so. It's not quite right that members are having problems so spam bots can troll the board..."

Seems a very good explanation to me.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #12
Quote from: LittleAngel1198;218814
To Quote Carm:

"I'm thinking I might change the board settings so that people must log in to view the board, or see if I can at least limit the number of guests to 10 or so. It's not quite right that members are having problems so spam bots can troll the board..."

Seems a very good explanation to me.

Good explanation, but it's still slow, not that i'm being bitchy about it lol.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #13
It's a temporary situation. I've found a script that will block guests out only when board server loads are high (it won't block them out entirely, it'll simply limit their numbers to give priority to members), it's just a matter of installing and configuring it. Should be installed by the weekend - I've just been seriously busy and have a ed 'flu on top of that.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #14
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;218887
It's a temporary situation. I've found a script that will block guests out only when board server loads are high (it won't block them out entirely, it'll simply limit their numbers to give priority to members), it's just a matter of installing and configuring it. Should be installed by the weekend - I've just been seriously busy and have a ed 'flu on top of that.

Sounds like a good solution! :oldcougar:
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.