Skip to main content
Topic: Fox tbirdcougarforums.com (Read 1605 times) previous topic - next topic

Fox tbirdcougarforums.com

Reply #15
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;218887
It's a temporary situation. I've found a script that will block guests out only when board server loads are high (it won't block them out entirely, it'll simply limit their numbers to give priority to members), it's just a matter of installing and configuring it. Should be installed by the weekend - I've just been seriously busy and have a ed 'flu on top of that.

"Spam bots" would probably be trying to post cell phone and other electronic items for sale. I'm guessing there are several spiders that are indexing the forums for search engines. I can see giving priority to the members, but for those who do not know about FoxTBirdCougarForums, those spiders are probably helping bring new Fox owners to the website and joining the site.

The amount of guests on the forum is probably not as important as what they are exactly doing. Pulling a few posts or threads is not exactly strenuous on the database like someone searching the forums, editing or posting. For reference, the forum I reside over has over 500 guests and is also on a shared server with a few other vBulletin based websites.

I'm sure you know that with the growth of the posts and members on a steady basis, a bigger plan is going to be needed fairly soon. I, too, had been noticing for the past week (atleast) that the site is slower than before. Good luck, Carm.

Reply #16
Does not bother me as long as you change text to have to join to look around or something like that.

Would be nice if it went back to the old way but i understand why it got changed for now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #17
Quote from: 5.0 bird;218796
I want a black 5.0 Cougar, kthnx :mullet:

Keep yer filthy handz to yerself!  LOL!

Works for me.  :oldcougar: :cougarsmily: :oldcougar:
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #18
I think I come up as a guest a lot. At work if I have a few minutes ill read up I few or how bout those who read up on the cell phone ex. I-phone. Sometimes I don’t want to sign in cause today’s post will refresh.
But you do what ever is better for the board. Though I threw that out there, it was just informational what benefits the board takes priory

Reply #19
New idea since sometimes I just want to view w/out signing on and resetting the today’s-post. Why don’t we just come up with a general username and password for everyone to use. I’m pretty sure I logged on from 2 different computers at the same time before so if the number of computers is unlimited just make it general for members.
Example: username: just-viewing/ password 99999.
This is just an ideal I say its protected in the boringness of this thread but if some non-members pick-up on it it shouldn’t hurt much besides passwords could always be changed via mass pm or emails.