Skip to main content
Topic: build sheet ? (Read 3817 times) previous topic - next topic

build sheet ?

for all you guys that take your cars apart, where did you find
your build sheet?the one for the capri was under the carpet.ive had the back seat out of the cougar and searched under the carpet
and had the frt seats out.nada .havent taken the trunk apart yet.
so--where was yours?--irv

build sheet ?

Reply #1
Mine was under the passenger seat, all messed up from the seat springs. I've heard of them being behind the inner quarter panel trim in the back seat area as well...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

build sheet ?

Reply #2
I never did find one in the silver car...and I've had it ALL apart.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

build sheet ?

Reply #3
-the one on my low mile 'bird was laying ON the passenger seat.
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

build sheet ?

Reply #4
I found the one in my lincoln under the rear seat bottom stuck up in under the metal things under there...
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

build sheet ?

Reply #5
Mine was under the passenger seat.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

build sheet ?

Reply #6
I've found two and both were in the rear left side panel... One was partially exposed so was a easy find...

They are apt to be about any place... Many of the larger components have a sheet on it for the vehicle it's destined to be installed... Mostly they are torn off and just trashed, but a few(especially in seat springs) remain with the car and probably will stay in place for the life of the car...

Having kept registry info for the 428 Cobra Jet Torinos I found in '68-'69 they were usually n the same place but varied by assembly plant(BTW ALL Cougs & Birds were built in Lorain)... The Atlanta cars usually had one in the back seat spring(often bottom and back)... The Lorain cars had one usually under the carpet, and Kansas City cars usually had one in the front seat springs...

build sheet ?

Reply #7
Pass. seat on mine
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

build sheet ?

Reply #8
Out of the 3 cars, I've never found any of mine.
And I've completely taken out the interiors from all 3, too.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

build sheet ?

Reply #9
Sometimes on older cars (1960s-70s) the build sheet was placed on the top side of the gas tank. That's where it was on my brother's 1973 Trans Am. Now I've never heard of one being in that spot on our cars but it's another possible location. Otherwise it's also possible that it's under the carpeting somewhere. But in most instances the build sheet for these cars has been either on the underside of the passenger seat or behind the rear interior panel.

build sheet ?

Reply #10
Quote from: EricCoolCats;217833
Sometimes on older cars (1960s-70s) the build sheet was placed on the top side of the gas tank. That's where it was on my brother's 1973 Trans Am. Now I've never heard of one being in that spot on our cars but it's another possible location.

Common location for a GM, yet to see any Ford product with one on top of the tank...

build sheet ?

Reply #11
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;217778
Out of the 3 cars, I've never found any of mine.
And I've completely taken out the interiors from all 3, too.

x2

never seen one

my old 70 torino's was under the rear seat springs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

build sheet ?

Reply #12
My blue 88 was under the pass. seat, well most of it was lol. The 87 only had about 1/8 of it left.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

build sheet ?

Reply #13
My 86 XR7 had it on top of the gas tank.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

build sheet ?

Reply #14
I found both of mine, the 1988 and the 1987 under the passenger seat springs. They were both trashed, I waqs hoping to scan them into the computer to reprouce, but now some pieces are missing. Anyone have a build sheet in good condition they could scan into the comp?

john